Not able to continue game due to not having enough English players

Well it's not really a bug, but how can one continue a game while not having enough players to be registered for Euro cup that have been trained in England? Do I need to go back to an earlier save and basically buy some crappy players in order to fulfill the quota?

I ask because I only have 4 such players and the game will not let me continue until I complete Euro Cup registration, which cannot be done at the moment.

I think it is trying to tell you to buy English players and not rely on foreigners. I know I will make sure I keep English players in my squad when I get to the top.

In FM as in life there are similarities. As in real life, I'm finding the English talent to be a bit thin in both quality and quantity, plus they are somewhat overpriced. I can go to Spain/Italy/France or Eastern Europe and load up on top level talent, enough to last for at least a decade. I'm sure the fans will understand, especially when we bring home the titles.

Would you rather an honest mistake resulted in some one having to quit the game because they can't go on?

p.s. surely every top side would have some youth players who could fill the quota?

It wouldn't make a difference though as under 20's don't need to be registered.

Bit of a stupid loop hole tbh.

That is the way it is in reality which is fair. If clubs have a choice between registering 4 homegrown players to complete a 25 man squad or just going with a 21 man squad, I am sure no matter how good or bad the homegrown players are they will still register them. The rule is there to entice them to register them. If they don't then they have a smaller squad to choose from so they are at a disadvantage.

Archived