Spanish League Ineligble

Ive just taken over Athletic Bilbao in 2nd tier of Spain, however my star striker and a number of my players are ineligible for league football, why is this, they can play in the cup but not in the league. I now have Llorrente who is worth 6 million not able to play only in the cups.

Why is this, i have looked everywhere to try and offer a new contract etc but they still cannot play in the league

where abouts is the change button and on what screen, i have gone onto the players screen and there is nothing there, or should i select him in the starting 11 and then i can give him a squad number.

Can you put a screenprint of where this change button is as i cannot see it anywhere

where abouts is the change button and on what screen, i have gone onto the players screen and there is nothing there, or should i select him in the starting 11 and then i can give him a squad number.

Can you put a screenprint of where this change button is as i cannot see it anywhere

Here mate. :D

What month are you in?

ah now thats why, how does everyone find it in Spain then???? Not sure i like it, as i have 3 other teams aswell, and dont want them spending my money on their own players.

Could be better this season. As you can see, I'm in 5th. :D

Just remember it takes about 3 months for a foreigner to pick up Spanish citizenship... :)

yeh i seen that, i have just taken over Athletic Bilbao, and am tenth, drew away in the cup with athletico madrid, so hoping will not do too bad, have 16 million in the bank (do prefer england) but surprised i can only sign spanish players, will not let me sign englishmen

yeh i seen that, i have just taken over Athletic Bilbao, and am tenth, drew away in the cup with athletico madrid, so hoping will not do too bad, have 16 million in the bank (do prefer england) but surprised i can only sign spanish players, will not let me sign englishmen

This would be why: "Athletic only signs professional players native to one of the seven Basque provinces: Biscay, Guipúzcoa and Álava, Navarre; and Labourd, Soule and Lower Navarre in France, although in recent times some players born in Cantabria and La Rioja, close to the Basque Country have played for the team."

well i think i will give it a few months see if there are any good players available, then maybe resign. If i can get them promoted i may be able to get a premier league team. Never seem to do well and have only ever had Championship teams

Think it may be my tactic, so am trying the sexy football one starting from Thursday

Archived