Should be possible to make INFORMED new offer

When offering a contract to a player you're looking to buy, more feedback from the player should be available. To a large extent you're shooting in the dark if there's competition for his signature. If you offer a contract to a player and other clubs then also offer him contracts, you really have no idea where you stand. You can offer him a better deal, but you have no idea whether it's necessary to get him to sign or if you're just throwing money out the window. The player's agent should maybe come back to you and say something like : "You made a good offer that X was strongly considering, but after club Y came along and made their offer he is now leaning towards accepting their offer instead. If, however, you are willing to give amount Z instead, he will most likely sign for you." IRL agents would probably play clubs against each other like that to get a better deal for him and his player. An idea perhaps ?

Great idea, needs to be included asap. Chris, can you suggest it to the people who make the game so it will get integrated into the game asap and tell us when it will be incorperated and in what patch/game. Cheers in advance.

We need info for contract length, part time, full time, bonuses, signing on fee, release clauses and contract type etc.

Great idea, needs to be included asap. Chris, can you suggest it to the people who make the game so it will get integrated into the game asap and tell us when it will be incorperated and in what patch/game. Cheers in advance.

We need info for contract length, part time, full time, bonuses, signing on fee, release clauses and contract type etc.

I think you're asking for a bit much there :D I'll certainly pass the idea on but I have no idea if and when it might end up in the game.

Would be nice to see some additional interaction between club and players' agents. For example when you have offered a contract to a player, but other clubs offered him contracts too, then perhaps the agent can tell you that if you were up to your offer to a certain amount then his client will most likely join your club.

I agree with this. It's a bit rubbish when you offer someone a good deal and they reject you in favour of the £85,000pw that Man City offer. I'd assume that agents pass on this information (probably with a bit of interest ;)) in real life.

It might indeed add a bit, but irl you have to beware of any such information as it could as well be totally fake.

Thus, this feature should only be implemented with the realistic behaviour of cheaty and greedy agents, if at all. :) It should not become an information which makes it easier - that doesn't exist irl either.

I'd like to make further promises to players too, when negotiating with a player in real life there is mroe than just money involved - when they sit down and chat with the manager there's often a lot of conversation around where they see the future of the club and other players they intend to buy.

This could lead to minimum fee release clauses if a club doesn't get into Europe/avoid relegation/win the league. Sounds like a plan to me.

Archived