Fullbacks: match engine and tactics

In the FMH engine, let's say I set both my right sided midfielder and right back to man-marking. Who will they be marking?

If the right midfielder is man marking his opposite number - the opposition left midfielder - then what does the rightback do? Double up on him?

Or would the right midfielder mark the opposing left-back when he's coming forward, and the right back mark the left midfielder?

I partly ask because I am struggling to find a way to stop my fullbacks, decent enough players, from preventing opposing wide players going behind them or being behind them repeatedly. Man-marking, zone marking, pressing, not pressing, it doesn't seem to prevent a string of ordinary midfielders enjoying great success against my fullbacks.

Any answers/opinions?

In the FMH engine, let's say I set both my right sided midfielder and right back to man-marking. Who will they be marking?

If the right midfielder is man marking his opposite number - the opposition left midfielder - then what does the rightback do? Double up on him?

Or would the right midfielder mark the opposing left-back when he's coming forward, and the right back mark the left midfielder?

I partly ask because I am struggling to find a way to stop my fullbacks, decent enough players, from preventing opposing wide players going behind them or being behind them repeatedly. Man-marking, zone marking, pressing, not pressing, it doesn't seem to prevent a string of ordinary midfielders enjoying great success against my fullbacks.

Any answers/opinions?

No opinions or suggestions on this, whatsoever?

Am I simply dumb and the answers are obvious to everyone else?

Or can I just not expect any interest in a topic that isn't about adding every PC feature to the PSP game, or listing tons of teenage Brazilians who'll willingly move to Barnsley?

Archived