motivation question

Maybe they are young, inexperienced, playing poorly recently, or just playing a difficult side (or a combination of these).

Maybe you should try saying "No pressure" or "Enjoy the game" in pre-match team talks to calm them down a little and take the pressure off them

Did you say "I expect a win" against equal or slightly better/worse opposition?

As Man Utd manager, I said expect a win against mid-table ish teams such as sunderland.

To JimbobWWFC, it has been players such as Berbatov, Carrick, Giggs, Vidic... so deffo not young and inexperienced.

Anyway thanks for the advice

To JimbobWWFC, it has been players such as Berbatov, Carrick, Giggs, Vidic... so deffo not young and inexperienced.

Fair enough. May be that these players are short of form, and do not like the pressure being put on them. In future, check on your assistant's analysis in the pre-game menu before doing your team talk. As well as pointing out which players do not look confident in the warm-ups, it will also tell you if some players appear too cocky, or find it difficult to communicate with others, etc

As Man Utd manager, I said expect a win against mid-table ish teams such as sunderland.

Anyway thanks for the advice

You wouldn't always expect a win against Sunderland, Newcastle etc. Just don't say it too often

Archived