X player sees no point in adapting his game

Not sure I agree with this feature. As the manager if you ask a player to learn something new or adapt their game in some way I can't see them refusing unless they are on their way out of the club.

Do you agree that this is unrealistic and should be changed? I would suggest that the player can express his displeasure at having to do the training but shouldn't be able to just say no.

I'm with you in this one. It's even more annoying is when this X player is a youngster/hot prospect and refuses to adapt his game by learning a ppm that suits 100% his possition and his stats! And we're not talking about a wonderkid here... Unrealistic, for sure.

Just thinking about it maybe it could come down more to confidence. Them "not seeing the point" is a little flippant whereas if they felt they didn't have confidence in their own ability to master the ppm then I could accept it more.

What do you think Skorp?

I don't think that would be very good.

Maybe something like 'X feel learning to play this style of football would contradict with his normal playing style, so feels learning this would hinder his progress rather than increase his ability'

What do you think? It could probably be worded better, but it's a good base imo.

i've got a 23 year old striker who might be a 20 goals a season man but insists that the best way to go one on one with a keeper is to kick it as hard as possible into the keepers body, and refuses to accept that if he were to go round the guy he could score another half dozen or more tap ins.

it's a shame because with 50+ man Adebeyor getting old he could probably challenge for the golden boot once competition is open to mere mortals once again

i think its good a player can refuse the extra training to add things to his game. players do that in real life, especially some of the younger players. its all about ego and attitude. thats why there are so many "could of been's" in football although most are due to constant injuries and other reasons. i think this concept should be expanded upon especially in young FM prospects that they can be responsible for themselves if they dont reach their potential or cut it in the game.

I think it's needed for some players to refuse this option. Otherwise it would be far too easy to mould players to do exactly what you wanted. If every striker you asked to place shots just did so it would be unrealistic. Ideally they should agree to attempt to learn the move more often but not be able to successfully implement it.

Until that time comes it's better to have them refuse at times rather than always learn the PPM.

• 6 months later...
Well, it won't ;)

It'd keep him on the pitch per chance?

Of course that'd need FM to give cards for dissent and stuff.

I disagree with the link that we're unable to change the player himself. Why don't Drogba and Ronaldo have like to dive ppms? Drogba goes down a lot less these days doesn't he? Surely a change must have happened? Maybe a talking to? Klinsmann is an older example. Diving was 'part of his game as a player' but he was put aside and told to change, right?

I just feel there are too many players that reject working on changing their behaviour. I mean, it isn't like we're asking Di Canio to stop being nuts.

Also, could you really see, say, young Moneybayor eagerly willing to learn from an older player to improve yourself?

Some players are simply arrogant. The good news is that it usually ensures they'll never be truly world-class.

And the funny part of all this is that when one of my players accepted to adapt his game, I sold him after some time. In a couple of months I got message that says 'X player adapted his game...' :D I mean, like I care now :D:p

Diving would be covered in the game by hidden attributes such as sportsmanship and temperement, and these can be changed using tutoring.

That's not the same as asking Rooney to stop hitting the ball with power.

Right, surely arguing with officials should be bound by the same hidden attribute? Professionalism or controversy, dirtiness?

It is just inconsistent to me that one gets to have a unique ppm and another equally possible one doesn't.

Archived