One game - EVERY country, EVERY competition

Yesterday i embarked on an idea that i had seen somewhere on these pages on friday - to run a game with every playable league possible in the game.

The result so far? Not bad actually. Took just under an hour to load the game with a medium database and no extra players added and its progression rate is pretty fast given the amount of matches it has to calculate.

Every league is playable and i started from the english start date (july 08) as an unemployed, ex-pro manager. There were quite afew jobs going -i forgot to keep record - and i applied for all of them. There were quite a number of swedish and brazilian clubs looking for managers, aswell as large/well-known clubs such as gladbach, stuttgart, blackburn, atletico(mg), servette, etc. I was successful in approx 1/3rd of my applications, the majority being malaysian and 4th div brazillian- but amongst them i was offered the job at Servette in Switzerlands Challenge League and GIF Sundsvall in Swedens First Division Elite.

After abit of a snoop around i opted for Sundsvall because they offered me a 190,000 transfer kitty- it had nothing to do with the fact they were 2nd(honest :p). In all honesty, i was going to try one of the brazilian teams, but decided to try my hand at the swedish league as i haven't managed there for years now (since my old CM 01/02 days to be exact).

I'm hoping to turn this into a career game whereby i try and take whatever team im managing to the top(obv...why else would you play) and either get sacked for failing to do so or quit to take on another lower team a few days after a glorious CL triumph.....

If you have any questions/feedback/whatever, leave me a comment and i will do my best to reply when i can as i am without the net at home atm( south-west ireland sucks ass), so have to post when im at work - god bless computer companies :D

Cheers!!!

There have been a few other threads of people doing the same and the general concensus is whilst it's fun to begin with, the speed soon gets to you and you'll give up. :p

I did it in FM08 for one entire season. It was fun, but hard work.

Good luck :thup:

Cheers dude, have a brand spanking new laptop so will see how long it takes me....should be fun...

Good luck,

Can you let me know what spec (processor, cpu and gfx) you have on your new computer and what are your percieved loading times. I can then use this as a base to experiment on my own for the trade of between no. of leagues/performance.

I always wanted to experiment with this but all my saves turn into career games! So I haven't tried it because I don't fancy having to give up after a few years.

Archived