Match engine oddities

It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of this excellent game, but it is pretty clear that the FMH match engine has a lot of what could charitably called 'quirks'. They trouble me a little because they suggest that the game of football being played out inside the PSP doesn't resemble real football too well, which therefore means the decisions we make as players may be totally misguided.

There are ludicrously few throw-ins. I don't believe there has been a game of real football in all of history with only five throw-ins.

The number of tackles players make also seems somewhat low in general. It all suggests a much 'neater' game than in real life (and I'm playing in league two).

Any thoughts from players? or from Marc?

It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of this excellent game, but it is pretty clear that the FMH match engine has a lot of what could charitably called 'quirks'. They trouble me a little because they suggest that the game of football being played out inside the PSP doesn't resemble real football too well, which therefore means the decisions we make as players may be totally misguided.

There are ludicrously few throw-ins. I don't believe there has been a game of real football in all of history with only five throw-ins.

The number of tackles players make also seems somewhat low in general. It all suggests a much 'neater' game than in real life (and I'm playing in league two).

Any thoughts from players? or from Marc?

Archived