Chairman looking to step aside.

Does this definently mean it's going to be another board member taking over?

Not for definite no. I've been at clubs where they have had a few takeovers go down the pan or where no takeover has transpired even though the chairman wants out. I would say that you have a good chance of a takeover though. Not always a good thing though, the transfer embargo is a pain in the arse.

I looked on the staff screen at the club (Rangers) and their aren't any other board members, their is only David Murray as chairmen. I've seen a few other people having Marti Bain taking over but he's not on my game for some reason. Can a board member just appear and take over the club or do they have to already be in the game?

Pricey: The summer window just shut and i'm quite happy with my squad so the embargo doesn't bother me just now.

I looked on the staff screen at the club (Rangers) and their aren't any other board members, their is only David Murray as chairmen. I've seen a few other people having Marti Bain taking over but he's not on my game for some reason. Can a board member just appear and take over the club or do they have to already be in the game?

Pricey: The summer window just shut and i'm quite happy with my squad so the embargo doesn't bother me just now.

You have dodged a bullet then my friend. In that case cross your fingers and pray for a russian billionairre.

I've seen people on this forum saying roughly 2 or 3 seasons and Liverpool get taken over but on my other save i'm 5 seasons in and they haven't been taken over. Generally listen to offer is quite likely you will get a takeover at some point.

Yes - I have a Thai born Chairman who tops up our balance to £40 million every month :-) This happened in Season 1 and it's now Season 8 and the Gers are the reigining European Champions!

Did a board member try and take over to start with?

In my Rangers save, Martin Bain, who was already on the board took over from Sir David Murray after 1 year. Now i'm at the start of my third season and a Consortium has placed a bid, the board has frozen everything, transfers, requests, etc.

Bad news though, although i won the league twice, and three cups, the UEFA Cup and the Euro Super Cup.. They wanted to make my Assistant Manager the new Manager.... so... i sacked him for it! Mwuahaha.

Anyway, like the above, anything can happen.

Archived