All players released from contracts. (Editor)

Hi, I was looking round the editor when i noticed the feature to "release all players". I thought this would be great, try a new game where all the teams are revamped with new players etc.

There is, however, a bit of a problem. Some teams seem to realise that with no players, it would be smart to buy some of the people currently available for free. Some teams don't realise this. This results in the likes of Man Utd owning only 2 players - Casillas and Diarra. And while it is rather amusing seeing Casillas in the Championship, the fact that so many teams fail to buy players well with in their financial restraints is frustrating.

This might have been done before and might have been answered. But does anybody know how to make sure that the teams actually buy people in their squad and try to compete to buy the best they can?

Thanks.

Note: I first put this in "Editor's Hideaway" but I'm not sure where exactly is the best place to put this.

The first season is a real pain. I did it in 08 and bought as many great players as I could and went unbeaten, trouncing some clubs 15-0, 20-0, who only had regen/grey youth players in their squad. I'd won the league by the end of March and got a bit bored since I had zero reason to buy any new players. Didn't play the second season past Christmas, but the bigger teams do start to buy players in eventually.

I think to get proper enjoyment out of it you should start unemployed and holiday for a year.

Archived