Cant Get Stadium Expanded

Often this means the only way you will get increased capacity is by the board building a new stadium, but not necessarily. My Scunthorpe board (FM08) told me the council had blocked planning permission on the first couple of occasions, but the council seem to have been beaten into submission now because we've expanded ~5 years in a row from 11,000 after the first season to 32,000 now that we are in the Premiership.

You will just have to kepp filling your stadium and if you have enough money then the board will build a new stadium. There is no timeline on this and it is very frustraing waiting for it to happen

How much money is it need to build a new stadium?

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?

IIRC people have stated numbers around the 250-270m mark, others have had less because of the money made selling off your current stadium (im guessin by your stadium that wont be very much)

Does anyone know?

In FM08 my new Werder Bremen stadium cost ~£192 million, of which £40 million was recouped from selling the Weserstadion...this I suspect was a bug since the club don't own the Weserstadion (at least according to the editor - if they did I assume they'd have expanded it instead too).

We had diddly squat in the bank when they did that too so they took out a vast loan for the full £150 million and sent the club into a potentially massive financial crisis with the repayments (I only played the game for 12 months after that so I don't know how it would have panned out long-term)

On my Redditch file on 08 in the Championship I got a 30,000 seater built for 37 million which they took out a big loan for as we only got 1.2 million from the selling of the old ground.

Anyway, if you get into the Premiership then, you willl have to have an extension or a new stadium otherwise it would be against the rules to play with such a small stadium.

Archived