My Son

FM07, Your son could appear in the new batch of youngsters. It was rare, but would happen later in games.

You got no message about it, apart from he would have your surname, nationality and you would be on his favoured personal list as well (There was some talk of it being linked to your starting profile and experience choice of being a world class footballer, but I do not think this is true).

As a product of the teams youth squad, he would have the same chance as every other player of being a duffer.

FM07, you could also have a new stadium named after you if you had great success at a team.

I have yet to see either of these confirmed on FM08, but I see no reason why they would be removed, as they are nice touches. I sadly have never had either, but if my son does appear, he better be a world class star and go onto represent England or I will sell him to Acrington Stanley.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

made a post today on the players forum about this.happened to me last night..my user name is luis carvelho and nelson carvelho has come thru the ranks at the start of my 4th season!!!gunna make him a spurs legend!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you confirm this is on 08?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

made a post today on the players forum about this.happened to me last night..my user name is luis carvelho and nelson carvelho has come thru the ranks at the start of my 4th season!!!gunna make him a spurs legend!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What reputation did you set and how old did u set your age to when you started?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markrae1:

Definitely happens on FM08 - and not just for you, but for your staff as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never thought about it for my staff. i hope I have not sold any of their kids :-)

I'll check that tonight, when I get home.

international footballer..cant remember the age...ill have to check when i get in from wwork! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be interested to know if this is the missing link, can anyone confirm getting a son if they did not click international footballer at start up?

I think that may be the key.

I've started two threads since October about this and had zero positive replys about people who've had sons come through. I've seen it with other staff members, but never players.

The thing is, I'm sure by now someone would have started a thread complaining that their son came through looking nothing like them, or black or something.

I wish SI would confirm it's in the game and how to activate it. Or maybe put a clickable yes/no option in FM09 on the editor to create one at game start or when you reach fourty years old or similar.

I did get a son, I had not selected any level other than default one. That was with nottm forest and my surname being rare enough (none in the game with same surname at the beginning of the game) it could not be a coincidence. That was only 4 years into the game!

My son was actually rubbish and I did not like his first name either so was actually released on a free... Vador would be proud icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wish SI would confirm it's in the game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They already did a few times back when this feature was new.

I was then the grand old age of 38, so probably aroujnd 42 by the time I had "my son". And as for releasing him on a free, I don;t believe there should be any sentimentality at this level icon_biggrin.gif

Friggin' ****** decided to play soccer against his dad's wishes and he even sucked at it!!! All I wanted was for him to become a Jedi Knight, is that so bad? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tarbanrael:

I did get a son, I had not selected any level other than default one. That was with nottm forest and my surname being rare enough (none in the game with same surname at the beginning of the game) it could not be a coincidence. That was only 4 years into the game!

My son was actually rubbish and I did not like his first name either so was actually released on a free... Vador would be proud icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you resist not using FMM to alter his PA and make him have the potential to be a super star? You could always lower another players PA to make it fair :-) Or am I just sad?

And 4 years is not to early, if you had him before you got into management.

mine came in the 4th season..havent got modifier but he is dubbed the new ledley king!!i can only hope!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully not in the always injured way I hope LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Would be nice to see a screenie of anyone who has a son in FM08 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't seen any in FM08. Do hope they haven't removed it.

I take it that if you have a "son" he is pretty much going to be loyal to you?

Ie...

Lets say you get a son thats going to be a great player, potential fan favourite stuff.

Is he likely to tell you half way through a season that he hates the team and wants to move to a bigger club?

you know cos that would suck the big one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rtik-1-one:

Does anyone like have a screenshot of their "son" because i would like to see one?

Not being pervy or anything... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

I think that may be the key.

I've started two threads since October about this and had zero positive replys about people who've had sons come through. I've seen it with other staff members, but never players.

The thing is, I'm sure by now someone would have started a thread complaining that their son came through looking nothing like them, or black or something.

I wish SI would confirm it's in the game and how to activate it. Or maybe put a clickable yes/no option in FM09 on the editor to create one at game start or when you reach fourty years old or similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI confirmed that it was in FM07, I would imagine its in 08 too. Have a look here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CookieColeman:

How could one change a .EDT file to put your name in as a regen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Creat a text file in Notepad and enter as many lines as you want regens with the following template:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Nickname" "Surname" "DD-MM-YYYY" "Nation" "Favoured Club short name"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CookieColeman:

How could one change a .EDT file to put your name in as a regen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Creat a text file in Notepad and enter as many lines as you want regens with the following template:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Nickname" "Surname" "DD-MM-YYYY" "Nation" "Favoured Club short name" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you do this in the middle of your current save game or do you have to start a new one?

I'm just thinking. If you do have a son, now that we have this FaceGen thing, how do they know what colour/race to make the player?

If I'm a Caucasian white male, what's to stop FaceGen making my "son" a black African or Asian regen?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LARulz:

Problem as I'm doing it. I can't seem to save the notepad file as .edt, it only gives me .txt file option </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change it to "All files" and then type .edt on teh end of your filename

Can current players have sons?

I have Fitz Hall in my team, a regen came through called David Hall. He can play Cb like Fitz and his nationality is scottish which is Fitz's second nationality, he also lists Fitz as his favoured personel and my Ass man says they are similar types of players and David would benefit from Fitz tutoring him,David the regen also has the same skin colour as Fitz.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crayons:

I have Fitz Hall in my team, a regen came through called David Hall. He can play Cb like Fitz and his nationality is scottish which is Fitz's second nationality, he also lists Fitz as his favoured personel and my Ass man says they are similar types of players and David would benefit from Fitz tutoring him,David the regen also has the same skin colour as Fitz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a difficult onw isn't it. There's no reason for him not to be his son, but no actual proof. I would just accept it icon_smile.gif Why not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crayons:

I have Fitz Hall in my team, a regen came through called David Hall. He can play Cb like Fitz and his nationality is scottish which is Fitz's second nationality, he also lists Fitz as his favoured personel and my Ass man says they are similar types of players and David would benefit from Fitz tutoring him,David the regen also has the same skin colour as Fitz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats weird because fitz hall would be about 35 at most in your game so his son would have to have been born when he was 18 so i'd say its unlikely

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how can u release ur son??im gunna keep him regardless of his talent..already playing him in the carling cup at the tender age of 16! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you fine him for "not tidying his room"?

Archived