PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager Wiki

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

jod123
20-02-2009, 03:04
I've finished Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United(which took A LOT of work) and Wigan.

Seeing as the new Wiki has been made by all of us, should we change the introduction a bit?

At the moment it says

I think the second sentence needs changing a little, to give us all a little credit instead of just peter. Who fully deserves the credit, fwiw, for creating the first one.

Also about the home page. Do we want to change it to make it look not like Wikipedia but have it laid out with not just a list of articles?

For example have coloured boxes with the text in them, a header at the top with Welcome to FMWiki or something? And then have links to different sections up there or whatever?

If you have a look at Wikipedia's home page, you will see a bit about what I mean.

Just throwing out some ideas for if not now for trying to improve the layout when we feel we need to. :thup:

EDIT: Just saw snootyjim's post. Panels was the word I wanted instead of boxes. :D

rancer890
20-02-2009, 03:08
Ok, MLS page all updated on the new site. :)

Hope to make some individual team pages, along with individual player FM wiki pages for MLS players in the near future. :)

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 03:21
The Premier League page is really starting to do well, all guides I have been given permission for have been done.

I may make some player guides, but I'm not sure yet.

jod123
20-02-2009, 03:29
If anyone has a look at my user page on the wiki, you will see a banner. That was something I was thinking of to start of with on the home page. Obviously it can be changed colour wise, text wise and so on and I just threw in a few links. What do people think of something like that?

Oh yeah I meant to say about this on the last wiki and I forgot. I never knew Sunderland was Sunderland Athletic. Is that right?

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 03:33
If anyone has a look at my user page on the wiki, you will see a banner. That was something I was thinking of to start of with on the home page. Obviously it can be changed colour wise, text wise and so on and I just threw in a few links. What do people think of something like that?

Oh yeah I meant to say about this on the last wiki and I forgot. I never knew Sunderland was Sunderland Athletic. Is that right?

Their full name is Sunderland Athletic Football Club. Do you think I should change it to just Sunderland? If you search for Sunderland it comes up anyway, as a redirected page. Still, if you think it would be better as just Sunderland then it's no problem.

snootyjim
20-02-2009, 03:35
Yeah I chucked in the redirect for that very reason... I think we should stick with official names for the club pages though, it looks a bit more professional and is more consistent if you know what I mean.

As for the home page, I think something like this (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion) or this (http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) could be good. As they're examples of gamewikis I thought they might be a good place to start.

jod123
20-02-2009, 03:36
Their full name is Sunderland Athletic Football Club. Do you think I should change it to just Sunderland? If you search for Sunderland it comes up anyway, as a redirected page. Still, if you think it would be better as just Sunderland then it's no problem.

Another Wiki :D - Wikipedia has this:

Sunderland Association Football Club are a professional association football club based in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England, that compete in the Premier League.

;)

small Mac
20-02-2009, 03:37
I've finished Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United(which took A LOT of work) and Wigan.

Seeing as the new Wiki has been made by all of us, should we change the introduction a bit?

At the moment it says

I think the second sentence needs changing a little, to give us all a little credit instead of just peter. Who fully deserves the credit, fwiw, for creating the first one.

Really good work there arsenal_2111. Just a tiny point, the second last sentence on the disclaimers read "...I can not guarentee that the below is the exact ..." It should say 'above'. Oh and you spelt guarantee wrong ;)

I agree, but I think to be honest the whole front page / introduction could probably do with gutting.

Eventually it would be nice to see a structured page with various panels like you would for a typical gamewiki, and all of that type of information from above could be moved into its own 'About Wiki' page or similar.

Hence, maybe it's better to leave it for now, and wait until there's something more substantial in the way of pages whose links can then be used to populate the main page?

Yes I agree with this also.

snootyjim
20-02-2009, 03:46
Another Wiki :D - Wikipedia has this:

;)

That's that sorted then :)

snootyjim
20-02-2009, 03:54
I've got to get on with fixing my dad's laptop so I'm done for the night.

Will pop back next time I have a few free minutes, there must be tonnes of content we can add to this thing!

jod123
20-02-2009, 03:56
Anyway, I am off to bed.

Glad you liked the banner snooty_jim. :D

What you think of the panel that I have now on my page? It is similar to Wikipedia but obviously could be changed.

Anyway, great work everyone. :thup:

Lost of club articles, Arsenal which is great. :D

rancer890
20-02-2009, 04:13
Anyway, I am off to bed.

Glad you liked the banner snooty_jim.

What you think of the panel that I have now on my page? It is similar to Wikipedia but obviously could be changed.

Anyway, great work everyone.

Lost of club articles, Arsenal which is great. :D

Aw boo! No respect for the MLS article! :mad: ;)

Good night jod. :D

small Mac
20-02-2009, 04:24
Just looked at the MLS article and it's excellent, well done Rancer :thup:

I'm off to bed myself now. Jod, i've just added an article about League Standard, can you check it over tomorrow and see if you agree with what i've written, i think you also have a bit of knowledge about this area if memory serves me correct.

Well done guys, the Wiki is coming along nicely :)

peter-evo
20-02-2009, 11:25
If you want to change the front page, change it. I initially made that when I first got the wiki and I am suprised no one has changed it yet. Do what you like :D

CaptainPlanet
20-02-2009, 11:31
Slightly annoying is that the page is too wide and I have to scroll across sideways.

I hate scroll bars :(

peter-evo
20-02-2009, 11:32
Slightly annoying is that the page is too wide and I have to scroll across sideways.

I hate scroll bars :(
Me too, the layout definitely needs to be improved in the future.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 11:37
I have no sideways scrollbars strangely, & I'm using a laptop with a relatively small screen.

weeeman27bob
20-02-2009, 11:37
Only just caught up with this. Can we put images in?

I was going to make an article on setting up your game.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 11:38
Only just caught up with this. Can we put images in?

I was going to make an article on setting up your game.
We need JJay to give us privileges to put in images. So no, not yet.

weeeman27bob
20-02-2009, 11:40
Ok.

I'll still make the article, but without images for the time being.

weeeman27bob
20-02-2009, 11:44
:(

I want to make a new page called "Setting up your game" but I don't know how to.

Galactus
20-02-2009, 11:44
Because the interface of the free site won't allow us too.

If you look at any other wiki site, none of them look like Wikipedia.

You sure

http://www.grimepedia.co.uk/wiki/Grime_Wikipedia:About

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 11:49
Galactus - I think CaptainPlanet was just trying to say that not all wikis look like wikipedia, & not that none of them do.

We've moved to a more wikipedia-esque site now anyway.

DiscoStu94
20-02-2009, 12:37
There's already a football manager wikipedia site up, although it doesn't go talk about clubs like your one does, or as much detail.

http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wiki/Football_Manager_2009

You might already know this, I was just pointing it out.

EDIT: Just noticed that you already knew this. My bad :D

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 12:48
Another Wiki - Wikipedia has this:

Oh right, sorry. I had always thought that it stood for Sunderland Athletic! Would you be able to change the page name for me please, it doesn't seem to be letting me:(

Really good work there arsenal_2111. Just a tiny point, the second last sentence on the disclaimers read "...I can not guarentee that the below is the exact ..." It should say 'above'. Oh and you spelt guarantee wrong ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, with most of them I changed that but as I just copied it from the old site is said below. What page did I forget to change it on?

There's already a football manager wikipedia site up, although it doesn't go talk about clubs like your one does, or as much detail.

http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wiki/Football_Manager_2009

You might already know this, I was just pointing it out.

EDIT: Just noticed that you already knew this. My bad :D

I'm pretty sure that was linked to near the start of the thread, and we decided that it was a bit out of date. Tbh I think a official site rather than a signup thing is better. Thanks anyway:)

josh9393
20-02-2009, 13:08
have been following this great project for the last few days and would love to get involved if that's ok.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 13:10
have been following this great project for the last few days and would love to get involved if that's ok.
You're very welcome as far as I'm concerned :)

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 13:14
Thanks to whoever changed Sunderland's:thup:

Thanks for pointing that out, with most of them I changed that but as I just copied it from the old site is said below. What page did I forget to change it on?

Never mind, realised that there was two places that it was meant to be changed, and I'd only done one. But they are all changed now, as it the spelling.

Of course you can get involved, anyone can as long as they know a lot about the subject they are writing about and the articles are of a high quality.

If you do write one, let us know what it is so we can make sure that no-one else does it/is doing it.

Good luck:thup:

-------------------------

For the Premier League, shouldn't the page be called 'English Premier League Clubs' not 'Premiership Clubs', as EPL is from FM, and Premiership is the old term. As far as I know I'm not allowed to change title, so I would appriciate it if someone else could do that.

weeeman27bob
20-02-2009, 13:18
Seems sensible.

Make sure the english league threads are listed by divison rather than alphabetical order though.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 13:22
I'll start working on tags for the articles now.

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 13:49
I'll start working on tags for the articles now.

Are you an admin on it? If so, would you be able to change the name of the Premier League page please? Either to Premier League, English Premier League, English Premier Division. Just something more FM-like.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 13:53
Are you an admin on it? If so, would you be able to change the name of the Premier League page please? Either to Premier League, English Premier League, English Premier Division. Just something more FM-like.
I'm an admin, but I don't seem to have the privileges to edit the title either. What you could do is make a new page with the 'Premier League Clubs' title, copy & paste everything from the old page into it, & replace the old Premiership page with the new Premier League one.

CrashOverride
20-02-2009, 14:08
Ive just added a Liverpool manager histroy but i cant make it look as good as some of the others :s

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 14:13
Ive just added a Liverpool manager histroy but i cant make it look as good as some of the others :sI fixed it up a bit for you Huw.

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 14:23
I'm an admin, but I don't seem to have the privileges to edit the title either. What you could do is make a new page with the 'Premier League Clubs' title, copy & paste everything from the old page into it, & replace the old Premiership page with the new Premier League one.

Alright, I've done that. It's all linked up, but the page 'Premiership Clubs' is still there. Do you know how to redirect it to the new page, or to delete it altogether?

I've sent out some PM's asking for permission to use club threads, to all writers of Premier League threads. Hopefully the Prem should be done by the end of the day.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 14:25
Alright, I've done that. It's all linked up, but the page 'Premiership Clubs' is still there. Do you know how to redirect it to the new page, or to delete it altogether?

I've sent out some PM's asking for permission to use club threads, to all writers of Premier League threads. Hopefully the Prem should be done by the end of the day.
Just delete the old page & replace it with the new one. That's the best we can do I think.

Good to hear we might have the Premiership page complete soon :)

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 15:09
Just delete the old page & replace it with the new one. That's the best we can do I think.

Good to hear we might have the Premiership page complete soon :)

Yeah, but how do I delete a page? There doesn't seem to be an option to do that.

Fulham, Villa and Newcastle have just been done.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 15:12
Yeah, but how do I delete a page? There doesn't seem to be an option to do that.

Fulham, Villa and Newcastle have just been done.Oh, I guess only admins can delete pages. Could you link me to the page you want deleted?

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 15:45
Oh, I guess only admins can delete pages. Could you link me to the page you want deleted?

I can't link you to it, because every page seems to be the home page adress:confused:

But it's the page called 'Premiership Clubs':thup:

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 15:47
Right, it should be gone now.

The amount of progress we've made in such a short space of time is fantastic. KUTGW guys!

the--dud
20-02-2009, 17:46
I'm working on http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Scouting at the moment btw :thup:

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 18:11
I will register and do some work on some articles now.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 18:23
Attributes (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Attributes)

Just did this quick article on attributes.

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 18:26
Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 18:28
Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?
I tried to figure this out earlier. Don't have a clue, it's all so complicated.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 18:29
I will link it for you if you have posted it.

You go to the page you want to link it from and do a thing like this:

[[Lyon]]

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 18:30
BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 18:31

[[Lyon]]
I don't think that's what he's talking about though. He said that he wants people to be redirected to the Olympique Lyonnais page when they type 'Lyon' into the search box.
BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.Much better :thup:

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 18:44

Hmm, thanks anyway. Will have to ask someone who is used to the site.

------

Rob, thanks, but like said that's not really what I meant.

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 18:45
BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.

Yeah, it's better now.

I did it yesterday, but I'm concentrating on getting the team screens done at the moment so I didn't put muchtime into it.

Trux
20-02-2009, 18:52
No biggy but XML passing error should read XML parsing error

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 18:54
What is the new website URL and has everything been moved over as i have been out for the past 2 days

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 18:54
I have also edited the About Me, attributes and added a Wonderkid page.

What do you think?

Sorry arsenal, I don't know how to make the article appear in the search. I misintepreted what you said.

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 18:55
No biggy but XML passing error should read XML parsing error
My bad Trux, feel free to correct me :thup:

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 18:58
I don't think it's really necessary to say who wrote the article tbh, unless they were taken from someones thread in the GPTG Forum.

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 19:01
Alan, what is the new URL?

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:01
http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 19:03
Edit my name out if you want from my articles.

I just thought that we had to add that at the end of each article to give credit to the maker.

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 19:04
Cheers Alan, been out all day. :D :thup:

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:04
Edit my name out if you want from my articles.

I just thought that we had to add that at the end of each article to give credit to the maker.
No, that was only for writers of the GPTG club threads that gave Arsenal_2111 permission to use their club threads for the wiki.

People can see that you wrote the article by looking at the history page :thup:

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 19:06
The Crewe article is in the wrong place, it should be in a League One section and i shall make one. I shall also transfer my Wycombe article over from the old site in approx. 30 mins after my tea.

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 19:08
Can someone please do my editing for me as i need to create a new user and my email is down at the moment as i am switching supplier. Cheers to whoever does it in advance :thup: :D

JJay
20-02-2009, 19:09
From that it looks like only JJay will be able to change the settings for it.

I've enabled uploads now :)

small Mac
20-02-2009, 19:10
Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:10
Can someone please do my editing for me as i need to create a new user and my email is down at the moment as i am switching supplier. Cheers to whoever does it in advance :thup: :D
I'll get on it now then.

I've enabled uploads now :)
Thanks so much again JJay

Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.
Good idea, I think we should stick to this :thup:

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:24
I have done the editing for you now Hamilton :thup:

Has anyone figured out how to upload images? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it :(

JJay
20-02-2009, 19:28
Should see an "upload file" link bottom left :)

Then to include it in a page you type [[Image:xxx.jpg]]

jod123
20-02-2009, 19:30
Ahmufcwafc, go to special pages, and there should be an upload file link in there. :thup:

Also regarding some discussion further yup to rename a page all you do is move the page.

Thanks again JJay. :thup:

Also glad to see more people getting involved.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:36
Cheers JJay.

So I've run into another problem. I don't think this (http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/ahmufcwafc/fm09.jpg) is the look we're going for. Any idea how to change the alignment of the image?

jod123
20-02-2009, 19:37
I've edited the home page. Is the banner and panel ok or what changes do people want?

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 19:39
I've edited the home page. Is the banner and panel ok or what changes do people want?
Looks much better if you ask me :thup:

But why does it say we only have 15 English articles?

hamilton162
20-02-2009, 19:40
Lay it out in a table as it looks neater, but with no lines. But if the lines have to be included, make them an attractive colour. Don't change it unless other people want it though

jod123
20-02-2009, 19:41
Cheers JJay.

So I've run into another problem. I don't think this (http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/ahmufcwafc/fm09.jpg) is the look we're going for. Any idea how to change the alignment of the image?

[[File:Example.jpg|none|caption]]Change none to whatever alignment you want i.e. right, left or center.

If you want to put in a caption put it in as above.

Also you can specify a border, size and vertical alignment if you want.

jod123
20-02-2009, 19:46
Looks much better if you ask me :thup:

But why does it say we only have 15 English articles?

I think it does not consider stubs as articles. They need to be of a certain length to be articles I think.

Lay it out in a table as it looks neater, but with no lines. But if the lines have to be included, make them an attractive colour. Don't change it unless other people want it though

Yeah you can make a table without borders with this.

What links do people want in the banner?

Also would working with categories be easier especially as we add more articles.

They allow you to just specify a pages categories at the end of the article and they are automatically added to that category.

ssestig
20-02-2009, 20:06
How do I enable cookies for the site?

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 20:24
What links do people want in the banner?

I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2731495&postcount=4

EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?

JJay
20-02-2009, 20:29

[[Lyon]]

For future reference, it is

#REDIRECT [[pagename]]

I've done the Lyon page for you as an example :)

JJay
20-02-2009, 20:31
How do I enable cookies for the site?

Enable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

1. Click on Tools and select Options.
2. Click on the Privacy tab.
3. Under Cookies, ensure that Accept cookies from site is ticked.
4. Click OK.
5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer

1. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
3. Either:

* move the slider to Medium High, Medium, Low or Accept all cookies, or
* click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

4. Click OK.
5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.

small Mac
20-02-2009, 20:40
Do we need to have any links on the banner? Personally i don't think links are needed at the minute as they're easily accessible at the moment and it would look a bit neater without them.

Who's Josh9393 - good article on board takeovers btw:thup:

josh9393
20-02-2009, 20:42
Who's Josh9393 - good article on board takeovers btw:thup:

That's me. thanks a lot. :thup:

EDIT: good article on stadiums

jod123
20-02-2009, 20:42
I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2731495&postcount=4

EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?

I think if you have enough information to make it two good sized articles then they should be split otherwise keep them as one.

About the links in the banner, how would everyone feel if I created categories based on the current articles section on the home page?

I could then place links to the categories in the banner.

[[Category:Editing]] - If you put that at the end of your article it would add it to the Editing Category for example.

ssestig
20-02-2009, 20:57

4. Click OK.
5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

3. Either:

* click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

4. Click OK.
5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.

Thank you JJay.

MadGamer
20-02-2009, 20:57
If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

Many Thanks

ssestig
20-02-2009, 20:58

4. Click OK.

3. Either:

4. Click OK.

Thank you JJay. I've edited the info on the Crewe page slightly to include a first choice 11.

jod123
20-02-2009, 21:17
If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

Many Thanks

Hopefully somebody with better tactical knowledge than me can do that. :D

I have created a Gameplay articles and put all the articles on the home page under that heading into it. Everyone ok with that?

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 21:45
I have created a Gameplay articles and put all the articles on the home page under that heading into it. Everyone ok with that?

I thought that was there before actaully, but it looks good:thup:

I've almost finished all of the clubs I have permission for.

JJay
20-02-2009, 21:49
Anybody got a better icon you want in the top left yet? :)

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 21:53
I'll request a badge on Neji's site if you guys want, but what style do you want?

Or were you offering us a badge here? :)

jod123
20-02-2009, 21:55
I thought that was there before actaully, but it looks good

I've almost finished all of the clubs I have permission for.

Thanks. I meant a gameplay category rather than article. :rolleyes: :D

I was wondering why that just disappeared. :D

I think Neji is going to create one. Has he being asked?

JJay
20-02-2009, 22:00
Awesome - kudos to Neji :)

rancer890
20-02-2009, 22:02
I'm back. Uploading pictures for my MLS page as we speak. :D

JJay, please check a certain website for some spot on info. ;)

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 22:06

I think that we should have a seperate page for them.

Shall I write a team guide for Redditch in the BSN?

I will be able to do it because I am maaging them and am in my third season so I have plenty of good advise for them.

Just a question, has anyone got a premium rapidshare account?

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 22:07

Many Thanks

I can do something about that. It will be at its best though once I have finished my 'Ultimate Tactic' thread.

Although, I say that I am quite good with tactics, normally.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 22:09

'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon

This one is mine :D

I think that it is an excellent idea so that we don't have people doing the same article twice.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 22:26
I have added in some articles - pages.

I edited the Championship page ot make it look clearer and added some titles and stuff.

I created the BSN and BSS page.

I created the Ukranian High/Super League

I added the articles which I will create and put coming soon next to them to show people not to make these articles as they are being created.

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 22:27
Can I ask who is making a Shakther page? There is already one here (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2295225), so if you like I can contact coolbananas and as for permission to use that. Should save you some time.

Ah, I see it is Rob. Well, if you want to make one that's fine. But this could save you some time.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 22:35
I have done a Shakhtar file and have been posting in that thread :D

I have already PM'ed him, asking him about it.

Q2thaz
20-02-2009, 23:01
footballmanagerwiki.net (http://www.footballmanagerwiki.net/) now redirects to the wiki as well :thup:

I've had it sitting doing nothing for ages :D

EDIT: Can it be sorted that the .co.uk is also set to a redirect or that the wiki moves to the .co.uk as it's a) annoying having it framed and b) confusing and/or annoying for some that want to copy and paste links

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 23:06
footballmanagerwiki.net (http://www.footballmanagerwiki.net/) now redirects to the wiki as well :thup:

That's brilliant mate, great to hear that the site is developing. Thanks for that:thup:

I've only got three of the team's to do, Torquay, Zenit and Wolfsburg. So I am going to PM the rest of the thread makers to ask.

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:06
Hi, I'm Mista T and I've written some stuff about the Championnat national on the site. I would also be happy to help you out with some other competitions, like the Northern Irish competitions. Cheers :thup:

JJay
20-02-2009, 23:10

EDIT: Can it be sorted that the .co.uk is also set to a redirect or that the wiki moves to the .co.uk as it's a) annoying having it framed and b) confusing and/or annoying for some that want to copy and paste links

It will be once its parked :) Thanks buddy :)

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 23:18
I think Neji is going to create one. Has he being asked?
I haven't asked him yet, I was waiting for you guys to give some ideas regarding the style of it. Hopefully I'll get some answers from you third time lucky :D

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 23:19
I just had a idea.

Why don't we have a national team guide?

This is where we could put guides for national teams.

I have created one.

rancer890
20-02-2009, 23:21
I just had a idea.

I have created one.

Not a bad idea. :)

I called Canadian National Team. :D

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:22
Does anyone grudge me doing Youth Intake and How to get the best out of your Ass man?

JJay
20-02-2009, 23:26
Just FYI - the nameservers are pending going through and should resolve soon. If you can't get to the wiki using FootballManagerWiki.co.uk then use this link (http://www.fmliveonline.co.uk/fmwiki) on a temporary basis.

ahmufcwafc
20-02-2009, 23:28
Just FYI - the nameservers are pending going through and should resolve soon. If you can't get to the wiki using FootballManagerWiki.co.uk then use this link (http://www.fmliveonline.co.uk/fmwiki) on a temporary basis.
The temporary link doesn't work either :p

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:28
Which, unfortunately, doesn- HEY!

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 23:32
Does anyone grudge me doing Youth Intake and How to get the best out of your Ass man?

I do :D

Well, I put them up there as things that I will do but I am happy for you to do them, and I will edit as I see fit :D

I have plenty to do at the moment anyway :D

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:44
I've provided both articles, edit as you see fit.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 23:46
I already have edited the youth intake one slightly. :D

The assistent one looks good.

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:48
Also uploading an image of a youth intake- lucky I've only just finished first season :D

arsenal_2111
20-02-2009, 23:56
I just had a idea.

I have created one.
From my thread in GPTG:

arsenal_2111, would the site be interesting in using the international management guide that i made?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=103716

There is the thread. Have a look at that, you could use that as the Index page for International management.

pnefc22
20-02-2009, 23:57
Thanks, I'm halfway througha season with Shakhtar, Chelsea, Redditch, Preston and Telekom so, it would have taken a couple of days to get that screenshot.

mista T
20-02-2009, 23:58
No problem mate, anything to help the site :thup:

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 00:04
111 articles now, this is starting to really take form. Doing great, keep up the good work everyone:thup:

pnefc22
Note: Can people stop creating articles with nothing in?

It is very annoying opening them for nothing to be inside.

The articles in red are articles that are not created and people must be clicking on them and just pressing submit

jod123
I am trying to categorise all the pages and have most of them done. Just a few things to let you know.

To categorise your page when you have finished editing it, just at the end of the article add [[Category:category name]]

You can add it to as many categories as you like if you feel it deserves it or you can create a new category if you think necessary.

A few other things as well. I see there are nation articles with list of nations that are going to be created. Would it be better to just categorise the nations into a nations guide category unless those articles are going to contain more than just a list of nations?

Also there is a PA article and a CA & PA article. Shall I merge the two? I see the exact same content from the PA article is already in the CA & PA article so I assume it is ok to delete the PA article. :thup:

Pnefc22, I just categorised some red-linked pages so that is why they have blue links now.

And keep up the good work, everyone. :)

Finally about the logo, I don't particulary mind Alan. Whatever you and others think. I assume you will come up with a nice idea. :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 00:06
Note: Can people stop creating articles with nothing in?

It is very annoying opening them for nothing to be inside.

The articles in red are articles that are not created and people must be clicking on them and just pressing submit
I think they should stay. It only means that others are working on them. It's good because that way, people aren't confused as to what articles are & aren't up.

jod123
21-02-2009, 00:11
There is also 2 articles exactly the same - 1 called Manager Options and the other called Team Settings. Which is the most appropiate title so I shall delete the other. :thup:

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 00:13
I am trying to categorise all the pages and have most of them done. Just a few things to let you know.

To categorise your page when you have finished editing it, just at the end of the article add [[Category:category name]]

You can add it to as many categories as you like if you feel it deserves it or you can create a new category if you think necessary.
Thanks for that, couldn't figure out to do that :thup:

A few other things as well. I see there are nation articles with list of nations that are going to be created. Would it be better to just categorise the nations into a nations guide category unless those articles are going to contain more than just a list of nations?That works for me, even though I don't mind the current layout tbh.

Also there is a PA article and a CA & PA article. Shall I merge the two? I see the exact same content from the PA article is already in the CA & PA article so I assume it is ok to delete the PA article. Merge them!

Pnefc22, I just categorised some red-linked pages so that is why they have blue links now.

And keep up the good work, everyone.

Finally about the logo, I don't particulary mind Alan. Whatever you and others think. I assume you will come up with a nice idea. :DI need ideas! :D

There is also 2 articles exactly the same - 1 called Manager Options and the other called Team Settings. Which is the most appropiate title so I shall delete the other. Manager options ftw :thup:

small Mac
21-02-2009, 00:26
With regards the logo, i would quite like it if it was the Football Manager logo with 'Wiki' written underneath, or something similar. Although not sure if we would be allowed to do that, but we need the site to look as respectable as possible imo.

Does anyone know how to do footnotes? I can't seem to get it to work.

jod123
21-02-2009, 00:29
Thanks for that, couldn't figure out to do that

That works for me, even though I don't mind the current layout tbh.

Merge them!

I need ideas!
Manager options ftw :thup:

Ok, I've done all that except the nations categorisation. Personally I think it would be better to categorise the nations and delete the articles that contain the lists (unless those articles are going to contain more than just that). So if there is no objections I'll do that and just categorise the nations. :thup:

For the logo you could have the Football Manager 2009 logo without the background like was on the previous one and then put it on a different background and/or put something else in the foreground as well as logo. As you can see I am not very creative. ;) :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 00:32
Neji's off making the logo, too late now. It's not like I didn't warn you all, I did mention it 3 times ;)

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 00:38
Who is doing the England page? Someone is putting 'coming soon' on a lot of pages, 7 European nations.

jod123
21-02-2009, 00:42
Neji's off making the logo, too late now. It's not like I didn't warn you all, I did mention it 3 times ;)

I said I did not mind. :D

I put the links to the categories in the banner if that is ok with everyone.

Small mac, have you looked at the user manual I linked further up?

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 00:47
Excellent idea I must say :thup:

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 00:48
I said I did not mind. :D

Looks much better, very good.

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 01:00
I've finished all the pages I have permission for, Man City and Southend are now done.

I also have permission for Shakther, but if someone is already doing that I won't do it.

I'm off to bed, work tomorrow:( Night:)

jod123
21-02-2009, 01:15
I've finished all the pages I have permission for, Man City and Southend are now done.

I also have permission for Shakther, but if someone is already doing that I won't do it.

I'm off to bed, work tomorrow Night:)

Good night arsenal. :)

More great work you've done today. :thup:

By the way, thanks lads. :thup:

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 02:32
This bug is known as the Bojan bug because Bojan is the most well known player that this affects. Other players that are affected by this are Sergio Busquets, again from Barcelona (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Barcelona), and Daniel Aquino from Murcia. Edited this out as the Bojan bug affects all young players. Hope you don't mind :)

small Mac
21-02-2009, 03:16

Yeah i did Jod but for the life of me just couldn't get it working. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Bloomin internet took me off line for the past couple of hours so i guess everyone has gone now. Anyway will hopefully resume tomorrow if not i should be about on Sunday. Good work people! :D

jod123
21-02-2009, 04:01
Ok, small_Mac.

I just want to say what does everyone think of having links to all the current articles on the home page. I personally don't like it that way either due to the layout or the fact that it is going to quite difficult to lay it out neatly with the amount of articles as it grows. You can get to each article via the categories or can search at the moment so I don't think there would be any trouble navigating if all of them were not there.

Anyway so what does everyone think?

rancer890
21-02-2009, 04:15
I don't like it either jod. I don't want a million articles on the home page one day...

Like jod said there are the navigation links at the top, and the search, which I believe everyone knows how to use by now. ;) :D

jod123
21-02-2009, 05:07
Have a look at my user page on the wiki now. What do people think of the home page looking something like that?

Have the start of the FM09 article and then the introduction of a selected article.

I did not put it on the home page as I don't want to make sweeping changes without the majority of people being happy with it even though I know the changes can be undone.

buzzer
21-02-2009, 05:15
Website is down

ftg87
21-02-2009, 05:19
Have a look at my user page on the wiki now. What do people think of the home page looking something like that?

Have the start of the FM09 article and then the introduction of a selected article.

I did not put it on the home page as I don't want to make sweeping changes without the majority of people being happy with it even though I know the changes can be undone.

I like it jod :thup:

Looks a helluva a lot better than the front page that is up at the mo. It is just too cluttered and covered in links. Something like what you have got there is perfect IMO, succinct and, lets face it, pretty as well :p

jod123
21-02-2009, 05:28
Website is down

Are you sure? The wiki is not down for me.

I like it jod :thup:

Looks a helluva a lot better than the front page that is up at the mo. It is just too cluttered and covered in links. Something like what you have got there is perfect IMO, succinct and, lets face it, pretty as well :p

Thanks, there is one vote in favour. :D

Yeah and as I said above I don't like the list of links either. I find it really ugly to be honest and also it is harder to manage.

Chelsea4Lyf
21-02-2009, 09:46
Website doesn't work for me. It says Internal Server Error

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 09:51
Great work lads :thup:

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 10:37
Website doesn't work for me. It says Internal Server Error
Same here, anyone know what the problem is and how it can be solved

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 10:46
Also, as i can't register as my email is changing, can someone transfer my Wycombe Team Guide over to the new website and put it in the League 2 section.

Cheers in advance :thup: :D

Hamilton162

josh9393
21-02-2009, 10:52
looks like we have a problem - can't get to website either.:confused:
was looking to finish my articles - annoying.:(

EDIT: i'm on now using this address - http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

josh9393
21-02-2009, 10:58
Thanks, there is one vote in favour.

Two votes in favour - your version is much better, more slick and easier on the eye. :thup:

Chelsea4Lyf
21-02-2009, 11:46
looks like we have a problem - can't get to website either.:confused:
was looking to finish my articles - annoying.:(

EDIT: i'm on now using this address - http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

okay this one works perfectly fine for me

jod123
21-02-2009, 12:01
Also, as i can't register as my email is changing, can someone transfer my Wycombe Team Guide over to the new website and put it in the League 2 section.

Cheers in advance :thup: :D

Hamilton162

You can register and the email field is optional.

You can edit it in when ever you want. :thup:

I am going to change the home page to what I have and see the whole reaction especially I got 2 in favour of my one and also rancer does not like the long list of links. I'll change it back if the majority are not happy.

josh9393
21-02-2009, 12:15
looks great jod :thup:

jod123
21-02-2009, 12:23
looks great jod :thup:

Thanks. :)

Hopefully the others think the same. :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 12:30
I like it :thup:

But why isn't the main URL working?

jod123
21-02-2009, 12:34
I like it :thup:

But why isn't the main URL working?

Thanks.

It works for me but not actually clicking on the link. When on the wiki and I click on main page then it works with the main url in the browser.

If I click on the url above it does not.

Neji
21-02-2009, 12:43
I've put together a couple of logos based on the FML and SI logos. If they are ok, Let me know the size that the image needs to be and I will resize it/them.

If you want something original (or you have some more specific ideas), then I will put something else together. Just let me know.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5563/fmwikilogo.pnghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9135/fmwikilogov2.pnghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2421/fmwikilogov3.png

jod123
21-02-2009, 12:46
Great work Neji. I prefer the last one of those three myself. :thup:

josh9393
21-02-2009, 12:57
those logos are fantastic neji.
can we have 3 logos!?:D

jod123
21-02-2009, 13:02
I just realised there were some articles (coming soon) on the home page so I have just created them and just put them in categories.

CrashOverride
21-02-2009, 13:05
I havent had much input into the Wiki (yet). But I think number 3 as well!

They all look great as always though :thup:

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 13:08
I like the first one the best but great work Neji. This project is doing much better than I expected when we first started so great work :thup:

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 13:10
Great work Neji! Like Peter, the first is my favourite :thup:

jod123
21-02-2009, 13:14
That is 2 for the 1st one and 2 for the last one (although josh wants all 3 :D).

Neji
21-02-2009, 13:20
Like I said, if you have any other ideas or just want an original one, let me know.

Great work on the Wiki so far guys :thup:

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 13:42
Thanks Neji, though still no thanks from any official person... what do we work for :p

The third one looks a bit too forced in my opinion while the first looks neat and formal :)

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 13:49
Number 1 looks the best Neji. Cheers for that info Jod, will join up now :D :thup:

mista T
21-02-2009, 14:06
is it just me or is the site down?

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 14:08
http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

jod123
21-02-2009, 14:08

http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/i...itle=Main_Page (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page)

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 14:09
The site is down for me as well mista, it isn't just you :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 14:10
Try the link that I (and jod as well I guess) gave to you a minute ago :thup:

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 14:13
Oh wait, those links work, cheers Alan and Jod :thup:

the--dud
21-02-2009, 14:53
Just finished Scouting (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Scouting) page on wiki.
Cool if someone could have a look at it perhaps add stuff or provide some feedback :)

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 14:57
Yeah the site is down but the other link works.

I don't like the new layout. It is harder to navigate and more time-consuming compared to the old one.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 14:59
Plus, the club guides look worse as they are not in the league order, and so are harder to compare teams.

I liked the old layout and think that we should keep that until we have finished completing the website.

jod123
21-02-2009, 15:01
Just finished Scouting (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Scouting) page on wiki.
Cool if someone could have a look at it perhaps add stuff or provide some feedback :)

I think it is really good. Just a couple of points - repuation of the scout plays a part of how detailed the scouting report will be as well.

Also, are you sure you have finished the last few sections of it. :p

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 15:05
I've created an account, but how do i add my Wycombe page?

jod123
21-02-2009, 15:05
Plus, the club guides look worse as they are not in the league order, and so are harder to compare teams.

I liked the old layout and think that we should keep that until we have finished completing the website.

The club guides are still a similar layout as they were not on the home page. If you go to league guides then the league articles that were on the home page are there. :thup:

I know some people won't like the layout but it really has to be something different than having a long list of articles on the home page in my opinion. Still if most people want it that way I will put it back.

Also the thing to remember is a wiki is never finished. ;) :D

jod123
21-02-2009, 15:07
I've created an account, but how do i add my Wycombe page?

Type the name of the article you want to create in the search box and click go. If it is not already created (which it probably isn't) you will get an option to create the page.

shevelevee
21-02-2009, 15:11
I've put together a couple of logos based on the FML and SI logos. If they are ok, Let me know the size that the image needs to be and I will resize it/them.

If you want something original (or you have some more specific ideas), then I will put something else together. Just let me know.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5563/fmwikilogo.pnghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9135/fmwikilogov2.pnghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2421/fmwikilogov3.png
m8, can you send me psd files?
Really like the third logo, and want to re-do it for our wiki in russian language:thup:

shevelevee
21-02-2009, 15:14
+ news on the main page (and permanent link) about wiki will be very useful

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 15:17
Type the name of the article you want to create in the search box and click go. If it is not already created (which it probably isn't) you will get an option to create the page.

Cheers jod, i thought you would have that one covered ;)

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 15:18
I got permission for the Shakhtar page but I have not completed it and am going out now. I will complete it tonight.

This is it at the moment:

Shakhtar (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Shakhtar)

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 15:20
shevelee, we have first choice on the logo's as it is our site that he created them for. Once we have oppinions of everybody, then you may be able to have the third one, but there are no guarantees that you will get it

the--dud
21-02-2009, 15:21
I think it is really good. Just a couple of points - repuation of the scout plays a part of how detailed the scouting report will be as well.

Also, are you sure you have finished the last few sections of it. :p

Darn missed that bit :o I'd really appreciate if someone else could do it btw...

jod123
21-02-2009, 15:21
+ news on the main page (and permanent link) about wiki will be very useful

What kind of news?

And what exactly does the permanent link feature do?

shevelevee
21-02-2009, 15:26
May be it's problems of translations.

I mean that it will be good if there will be link on this wiki on http://www.footballmanager.net/. It will be greate for all newbies of the series. (and easy to find wiki, because now link on wiki is only in forums)

Also it will be very nice if there will be article like this:

"We have very good news for all fans of football manager series - we've start new project, FMWiki, where you can find a lot of useful articles about basic concepts and in-depths articles about all aspects of the game"

Excuse my English please.

jod123
21-02-2009, 15:32
May be it's problems of translations.

I mean that it will be good if there will be link on this wiki on http://www.footballmanager.net/. It will be greate for all newbies of the series. (and easy to find wiki, because now link on wiki is only in forums)

Also it will be very nice if there will be article like this:

"We have very good news for all fans of football manager series - we've start new project, FMWiki, where you can find a lot of useful articles about basic concepts and in-depths articles about all aspects of the game"

Excuse my English please.

Sorry, I thought you meant a link to news and a permanent link on the main page of the wiki.

Anyway, don't worry about your English. It is very good. :thup:

DanGLiverpool
21-02-2009, 15:39
I registered, and made a minor edit to the part in screenshots about Alt F9 that I made in the old wiki, but forgot to put in.

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 15:55
Wycombe page (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Wycombe_Wanderers) uploaded, can someone have a look at it and edit it if necessary. Cheers

jod123
21-02-2009, 16:08
Wycombe page (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Wycombe_Wanderers) uploaded, can someone have a look at it and edit it if necessary. Cheers

I categorised it. :thup:

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 16:15
Thanks jod, much appreciated. Now for some exam revision :thdn:

jod123
21-02-2009, 16:18
Thanks jod, much appreciated. Now for some exam revision :thdn:

I know how you feel. :rolleyes:

I've had exams for the past week and it is the same next week. :(

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 16:26
Yeah, but i have 7 in 2 days, beat that jod. If you can beat it, then i won't be as miserable knowing that others need to revise more than me and do more work than me :D

rancer890
21-02-2009, 16:33
The main page looks really good, especially the selected article. ;) :D

shevelevee
21-02-2009, 16:36
jod, can you add multilingual support? i can translate articles in russian

jod123
21-02-2009, 16:49
That beats me, hamilton. :D

The main page looks really good, especially the selected article.

Glad you like it. Enjoy the time that is the selected article as it won't be for too long. ;) :p

jod, can you add multilingual support? i can translate articles in russian

I am not sure if I can do that on the actual wiki site as if I can I can't find any option.

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 16:52
jod, can you stick my Wycombe article in the league 2 section as i don't know how to do it. An explanation would also be helpful :thup:

EDIT:

That beats me, hamilton. :D

Oh, i have to carry on being miserable now :(

jod123
21-02-2009, 16:57
jod, can you stick my Wycombe article in the league 2 section as i don't know how to do it. An explanation would also be helpful :thup:

EDIT:

Oh, i have to carry on being miserable now :(

I edited it in. All I had to do was go to the League 2 article and edit it. Put a link to your article in like this: [[Wycombe Wanderers]]

jod123
21-02-2009, 17:12
The disadvantage of wikis is that anyone can edit which leaves it open to abuse and we have just had our first unconstuctive edit in the Scouting article.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 17:22
The disadvantage of wikis is that anyone can edit which leaves it open to abuse and we have just had our first unconstuctive edit in the Scouting article.
Well if that user does it again, I'll just block him. I have him on my watch list now :thdn:

jod123
21-02-2009, 17:29
Well if that user does it again, I'll just block him. I have him on my watch list now :thdn:

I sent him a warning. Personally I think if he does something like that again, give him a strict warning. Then for the 3rd time block him.

By the way I just created a template for issuing uses warnings.

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} so you can use that for first offence as it is a polite warning.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 17:31
I sent him a warning. Personally I think if he does something like that again, give him a strict warning. Then for the 3rd time block him.

By the way I just created a template for issuing uses warnings.

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} so you can use that for first offence as it is a polite warning.
What does that warning template do exactly?

jod123
21-02-2009, 17:36
What does that warning template do exactly?

It means that if you see someone making an unconstructive edit just type {{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} on their talk page and they will get a message of the exact text in the template.

We also have a template on stubs that someone else created which is placed on short articles that need to be expanded.

jod123
21-02-2009, 17:50
I've created 3 templates which is more than fair so they have infact 3 warnings before being blocked.

The names are:

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning1}}
{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning2}}
{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning3}}

1 is polite, 2 is strict and 3 is the final warning.

To use them, just go the abusive persons talk page and just type the relevant template.

Hope that is ok with everyone.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 17:55
Oh okay, I get it now. Good idea :thup:

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 18:12
Tbh I think 3 is too many, if someone is trying to ruin work made by people trying to help the community they don't deserve rights to edit it even after one warning.

My opinion, of course.

Can I ask again who has 'reserved' doing various country pages?

jod123
21-02-2009, 18:20
Tbh I think 3 is too many, if someone is trying to ruin work made by people trying to help the community they don't deserve rights to edit it even after one warning.

My opinion, of course.

Can I ask again who has 'reserved' doing various country pages?

It is simple to undo the edit once we cop it but maybe you are right. I put in 3 as that is the max I would have. There is 5 on Wikipedia which I think is far too much. Obviously 3 is my opinion as well so if more people want less then that is fine.

Oh yeah, we have lost links to them from the home page now as I changed the home page. I think rancer was written beside Canada but that was all. The rest were red links but without a name beside them.

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 18:24
One warning and then the second time ban them. We can't afford to have idiots deleting all of our hard work.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 18:30
I'm on jod's side with this one. I think what this guy did wasn't so bad, plus it's easily reversible. One warning & then a ban would be too strict imo.

jod123
21-02-2009, 18:34
Also I was just reading on Wikipedia and we should not permanently block an ip address as they can sometimes be dynamic (which means they change) which means anyone (even one of us if we have a dynamic ip) could be blocked if they got assigned that ip address in the future and their ip could change which means they could still access it.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 18:36
Also I was just reading on Wikipedia and we should not permanently block an ip address as they can sometimes be dynamic (which means they change) which means anyone (even one of us if we have a dynamic ip) could be blocked if they got assigned that ip address in the future and their ip could change which means they could still access it.
That's true. Also if we banned someone, I bet he/she would be even more driven to spam our pages.

jod123
21-02-2009, 18:38
If they are on a mission to abuse it for a night or something though eventually we should block them but then unblock the ip address at a later time.

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 18:45
Fair enough Alan, but for repeated offences and bad first time deletions/useless edits, give them a level 2 warning at least. That way everyone will be happy

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 19:45
Fantastic work lads. I think we should give two warnings and a ban, myself. If they have two warnings it clearly shows that the user is in it for the laughs so we might as well ban his IP, then unban it after 3 days.

ssestig
21-02-2009, 20:15
Down for me now.

arsenal_2111
21-02-2009, 20:26
It is simple to undo the edit once we cop it but maybe you are right. I put in 3 as that is the max I would have. There is 5 on Wikipedia which I think is far too much. Obviously 3 is my opinion as well so if more people want less then that is fine.

Oh yeah, we have lost links to them from the home page now as I changed the home page. I think rancer was written beside Canada but that was all. The rest were red links but without a name beside them.

K, would it be alright with people if I did England's one? Think it could be quite good.

ssestig
21-02-2009, 20:29
Is it down for you Arsenal as well?

hamilton162
21-02-2009, 20:31
Just use the links that Jod and Peter provided on the previous page and it should work. It's working for me at the mo

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 20:33
Down for me now.
http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

ssestig
21-02-2009, 20:35
Cheers guys. Just updated my bookmark.

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 20:37
Why is it down?

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 20:37
Cheers guys. Just updated my bookmark.
The old URL is only down temporarily, it should be back once JJay fixes it.
Why is it down?JJay is doing something or another with it iirc.

peter-evo
21-02-2009, 20:39
Ah, that's fine. :) I've missed today's action while I was at the Ricoh :(

rancer890
21-02-2009, 20:52
Both urls seem fine to me...

I wrote up a bit of the Canadian team (I will write a lot more once later on, when I get bored of coursework :p), and thinking of writing about the USMNT team too, if no one rejects... :D

jod123
21-02-2009, 20:54

I wrote up a bit of the Canadian team (I will write a lot more once later on, when I get bored of coursework :p), and thinking of writing about the USMNT team too, if no one rejects... :D

Write what you want. :thup: :D

ssestig
21-02-2009, 20:56
I reject just to be awkward ;) Go for it.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 20:58
Not much has happened today. It's been one of the slowest development days since the start, mainly due to the all-guns firing start though.

Can we have a vote on the layout option?

Because I do dislike the new option.

I understand that we don't wan't a major list but at least could we have the links like 'Gameplay' and 'Technical' etc. in a list going down the page.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 20:59

Did you like my reserve I did for you on it?

Go for it, the more we get done the better

rancer890
21-02-2009, 21:00
Woooo! No one better write on my pages. :D :D

EDIT: One more till 4000. :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:03
Not much has happened today. It's been one of the slowest development days since the start, mainly due to the all-guns firing start though.

Well there's not much to write about now, I can't think of anything.Take it easy, we do have 130 articles since Tuesday ;)

I understand that we don't wan't a major list but at least could we have the links like 'Gameplay' and 'Technical' etc. in a list going down the page.
I prefer the new layout. How about we make a seperate page with links to all articles on it?

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:03

Yeah, I think that is a good idea.

You want the links from the banner moved out of it to be like a list on the page?

Is that the only change you want?

I prefer them in the banner to be honest but I'll follow the majority. :thup:

ryan_sacfc
21-02-2009, 21:04
You may use the St Albans City official thread, arsenal_2111

:D

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:05
Well there's not much to write about now, I can't think of anything.Take it easy, we do have 130 articles since Tuesday ;)

I prefer the new layout. How about we make a seperate page with links to all articles on it?

There is already a special page called All Pages with them all on it. :thup:

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:05
Rancer, your Canada article is a bit biased so far...:D

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:06
Rancer, your Canada article is a bit biased so far...:D

"Very strong on paper" :p

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:06

Where is it on the page?

I can't seem to locate it.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:07

"and the team is much inferior to their bitter rivals, the United States." :D

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:07
I see, never knew that. Anyway, I vote for the current layout.

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:09
Where is it on the page?

I can't seem to locate it.

http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Special:AllPages

That is the link. You need go to special pages and then to all pages.

You could probably have a direct link to it on the home page if you want that.

josh9393
21-02-2009, 21:09
'Very strong on paper.'

Fantastic! :D

rancer890
21-02-2009, 21:10

It's very true in a way. I cannot seem to understand how on earth can we lose to Honduras and Jamaica... :(

I didn't mean we could beat up on the States and Mexico. :p

Oh, and our strikers are useless... (well Radzinski was good, but the key word is was...)

EDIT: on the youth team now :cool:

EDIT2: very strong on paper in the CONCACAF region, for more verification lol

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:11
I'll go ahead & write the FM06 page now. Who reserved the FM07 page & do they plan on actually doing it? It's been left blank for ages :D

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:12
What kind of content do you want adding to here? (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Template:Stub)

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:14
I'll go ahead & write the FM06 page now. Who reserved the FM07 page & do they plan on actually doing it? It's been left blank for ages :D

It could have been me who reserved it but if iut was, then it was an accident and feel free to edit it and do it if you want.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:16
This page is just slightly pointless is it not. I don't know how to delete it so if someone could please do that. (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Dynamo_Kyev&redirect=no)

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:16
What kind of content do you want adding to here? (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Template:Stub)

Nothing there as that is a template. On short articles you just type {{stub}} to add in that template which adds in the text in the template.

It is like the unconstructive edits warning templates earlier for warning people after abusive/unconstructive edits like someone did earlier.

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:18
This page is just slightly pointless is it not. I don't know how to delete it so if someone could please do that. (http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Dynamo_Kyev&redirect=no)

That is because only sysops (admins) can delete articles. I don't think you would delete that though as that is a redirect. It means if somebody goes to Dynamo Kyev they will actually go to the Dynamo Kyiv article.

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:19
It kind of does have a point, because it sends you to the Dynamo Kyiv page if you type it into the search. Dynamo Kyiv are commonly called Dynamo Kiev you see.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:21
Oh, I see.

Then, why does it redirect from Dynamo Kyiv and not Dinamo Kiev.

pnefc22
21-02-2009, 21:22
Can we do individual player profiles?

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:23
Oh, I see.

It hardly makes any difference, does it? Dynamo Kyiv is the correct name for them fwiw.

Can we do individual player profiles?Go ahead :thup:

jod123
21-02-2009, 21:23
Oh, I see.

Dynamo Kyiv is the official name.

Can we do individual player profiles?

Yeah, I don't see why not.

rancer890
21-02-2009, 21:25
Can someone make a redirect to the Major League Soccer page when you type in "MLS"? (if possible, I'm too lazy to type the whole name every time. On wiki, i just type "mls")

Oh, and rob, I'm already starting to think about making some individual wiki player pages, from the uncreated red link pages of de Guzman and DeRosario on the Canadian page. :)

ahmufcwafc
21-02-2009, 21:26
I'll do it now rancer :thup: