Suggestion: Areas of the pitch %

Being able to identify which areas of the pitch the opponent is attacking mostly? See from a percentage of play point of view if either of your fullbacks are having to work hard or if the main part of the pitch that the game is being played in is down the middle, identifing possible tactical changes.

Being able to identify which areas of the pitch the opponent is attacking mostly? See from a percentage of play point of view if either of your fullbacks are having to work hard or if the main part of the pitch that the game is being played in is down the middle, identifing possible tactical changes.

Great idea CaptainPlanet for those of us who don't watch it in full match

:thup:

I'm with you - and I think it's a good idea, especially useful for those who rely on key highlights, etc.

What percentages would you show in each of the 9 squares, though? You'd have to think carefully, to make it useful but not too confusing.

I'm with you - and I think it's a good idea, especially useful for those who rely on key highlights, etc.

What percentages would you show in each of the 9 squares, though? You'd have to think carefully, to make it useful but not too confusing.

You wouldn't, you'd just use shading. So, if the centre of the pitch was really dark, and the wings really light, you'd know straight away everything is pumped through the middle.

Likewise, if the centre square was dark, and so were the attacking corners, you'd instanly see that a side plays the ball to the centre of midfield, then pushes it behind the defence for the wingers etc.

You could overlay percentages on the top if you like, but the shading would give an instant visual of where the play was directed.

It wouldn't have to be just 9 (altho that would be a start), you could split each half into 6 blocks, or whatever. The idea would be just to show where the play is directed.

Archived