Player with very strange happiness status.

Managing Notts Co, 3rd consecutive season in the Championship, thought this year will make it to the playoffs. Aston Villa usettled my best player, Ok, I can understand that. As there's no way to keep him (refuses to negotiate a contract renewal) I thought it's better to give in and allow him to leave.

So I did the most logical thing, negotiated Villa's offer. His value was 400k, 2 years remaining on his contract, they offered exactly that money. Now, he's my best player so I asked 1mil, a reasonable amound, one might think. Their offer was withdrawn. To my surprise, the player was "frustrated at not being allowed to move"(!!!) and unhappy, with poor morale, of course.

I decided to offer him to the "numerous" clubs interested, EPL mostly, as his status was "wants to move to a bigger club". And now his status (happiness) is:

Willing to remain at the club (what?)

Frustrated at not being allowed to move clubs

Feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team

Considering his options (oh, really?...)

How do you explain this?

It's a combination of events, although it's certainly unique, I've nots een that many different status's on one player!

AI rarely seem to go above the players value to buy them, so the negotiation was never going to work. He's frustrated because he feels like you have priced him out of a move away from the club. The willing to stay and considering his options tends to mean he could be persuaded to stay depending on how you do by the end of the season and he feel you don't value his contribution to the team by transfer listing him and offering him to other clubs.

Willing to remain at the club, because it looks like he isn't going anywhere.

Frustrated at not being allowed to move clubs, because you negotiated him out of a transfer to a bigger club.

Feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team, he may want to leave, but that doesn't mean that he won't be disappointed that you want him to leave.

Considering his options, he may be interested in any move, now that you have shown you're willing to sell him.

That's not to say that his status isn't a little confused, however that confusion may be a product of what he consideres managerial confusion, you negotiated for more money and then offered him out to clubs.

Thanks for that, I can understand your thoughts, but it's just an odd situation. As for overpricing him, I thought I was being reasonable, as we've seen the AI managers asking for loads of money for some of their first team players.

Anyway, problem solved, I exchanged him for one of Villa's tranfer listed players, but that doesn't mean he's not in a need for a shrink!

Thanks for that, I can understand your thoughts, but it's just an odd situation. As for overpricing him, I thought I was being reasonable, as we've seen the AI managers asking for loads of money for some of their first team players.

Anyway, problem solved, I exchanged him for one of Villa's tranfer listed players, but that doesn't mean he's not in a need for a shrink!

Footballer in emotionally uncertain shock!!!

Archived