An Odd Blue Screen...PLEASE HELP.

Ok guys, dont flame me on this if it has been covered before.

I bought this today, in DVD format, not Steam download, I installed it perfectly and chose to update my Direct X (if it needed it) to 9.0 I beleive? Ok? Then proceeded to register my copy via phone, and went perfect too, no hitches, then......

As i went to click on my shortcut to play it (i chose not to start the game after install), the cursor has its timer next to it then it disapears and the PC locks up. Then the screen goes all blue and black with huge un-readable pixallated desktop, with some windows that have cropped up, its impossible to read them but one looks like an error but who knows?

My system is 3.00Ghz Dual Core, 1024Ram, obviously a DVD drive, Windows XP service pack 2. I dont have a graphics card that i know of, but i have run many a games on this machine that say they "need one", maybe this is the reason? I dont know its been years since i have been into the PC scene regarding upgrades and *****.

Any help would be most appreciated. Ta.

Tyler

Hey sorry yeah i have updated it with the latest patch too.

It is prolly soming as daft a graphics card, which is my bad, but what ppl have found in regards with it so far is that its riddled with bugs and toss, which frankly is a poor show on SI behalf.

Anyway, ill have a look at that link now :thup:

ta

Archived