glory hunters

So who on here is a glory hunter? a thew years ago every one was obbsessed abot beeing Chelsea boss, These days all i see is Man City this and that, the wierd thing is it's from People that normally Manage Arsenal or Chelsea etc..

many years ago i would always be Liverpool. because i like to build my own club i all ways take lower teams upto the prem..

Why do so many people like to spend millions? does it make them feel like they are great ;)

buy you can do the same if you start with a club out side the top flight, it just takes you longer.

i love it when i know my squad of 30 players by there name and not having to look at there stats to see what they can ands can't do. thats what you get when you build a club and make it your own..

i was reading today extra hidden thing's that are in the game when you have been at a club for a long time. you get offerd to be a board member and from there you cant get sacked if you accept it.

also if your at a club over 10 years or yo umake a big profit, you can have an option to lift the transfer window or somthing like that.

buy you can do the same if you start with a club out side the top flight' date=' it just takes you longer.

i love it when i know my squad of 30 players by there name and not having to look at there stats to see what they can ands can't do. thats what you get when you build a club and make it your own..

i was reading today extra hidden thing's that are in the game when you have been at a club for a long time. you get offerd to be a board member and from there you cant get sacked if you accept it.

also if your at a club over 10 years or yo umake a big profit, you can have an option to lift the transfer window or somthing like that.[/quote']

Lift the transfer window? Can you explain further?

buy you can do the same if you start with a club out side the top flight' date=' it just takes you longer.

[b']

also if your at a club over 10 years or yo umake a big profit, you can have an option to lift the transfer window or somthing like that.[/b]

Never heard of either of those things, where did you hear that, because I don't think the second one especially, are true. Also the first one, although believable, I doubt is true.

Unlockables

The FMH2009 game contains a number of unlockables which become available to users after they have undertaken certain achievements.

These are unchanged from the FMH2008 edition of the game, however for completeness each of them is listed below.

A place on the board

You are offered a place on the board at your club. If accepted then you are immune to sackings, if you decline then the game continues as normal.

As with all unlockables you will find this option now available in preferences so you can turn it on (or off) at the start of a new game.

Requirements:

To unlock this you have to survive managing the same club for at least 10 seasons and also achieve a number of successes proportionate to the clubs starting reputation. For instance taking over a top club you'd be expected to have won at least one cup, european trophy and league for instance ... however taking over a minor club winning one division and say 3 promotions might be enough to impress the board enough.

Sugar Daddy

If enabled at the start of a game then a sugar daddy is brought in as the chairman as your club. This is the equivalent of 'Abramovic' being the chairman of the club you first choose to manage in a game.

When this is triggered you receive a news item from the board indicating that a Russian businessman is considering investing in the club and asking your opinion as to whether the investment should be allowed or not. If you dissuade the board then nothing happens. Conversely, if you encourage them to accept the investment then you receive a sugar daddy at your club.

Requirements:

Stay at a club over two seasons and also win a certain amount of cup competitions (the size of which is determined by the reputation of your club at the start of the game).

No transfer windows

Removes transfer windows from the game so you can make transfer bids at any time during a season.

Requirements:

Make a huge profit from transfers during the game (exact amount dependant upon the team you're managing - ie. Chelsea require a larger amount than Brighton for instance).

International Management

Allows a manager to select to manage an International team when they start a new game if they desire (in addition (or as an alternative) to managing a club side).

Requirements:

Win the an international competition while in charge of an international team.

that was from Marc Vaughan

Oh was it really lol. i found that on google lol

thats a shame' date=' why cant we have unlockables of sorts..[/quote']

You can only play 30 seasons on the PSP so its only fair that there are special features to avoid spending your last season looking for a job:D

it's gone slightyl off topic, I was reading the other day about a nation of low reputation beeing able to get investment that would build the rep of that contry etc..

i think there could be scope for extra random thing's to happen from time to time, if Russia was a sunny place to live i reckon Obramovic would have put all his dosh into a top Russian team, thing is who would want to live in that couldron lol. serbia is to cold for me ;)

it's gone slightyl off topic' date=' I was reading the other day about a nation of low reputation beeing able to get investment that would build the rep of that contry etc..

i think there could be scope for extra random thing's to happen from time to time, if Russia was a sunny place to live i reckon Obramovic would have put all his dosh into a top Russian team, thing is who would want to live in that couldron lol. serbia is to cold for me ;)[/quote']

London is not exactly exotic...

I just play Manchester United, a club I supported ever since 1989. So, call me glory hunter if you want :D, I don't really mind.

p/s: I fricking hate Chelsea and Manchester City in my game. THEY BUY TOO MUCH! (they literally outspent my team at least twice, and bought star wonderkids that I was keenly interested in). That said, I am an idiot for not fully using my transfer budget of 90 million. Too miserly.

Pp/s: I still won the league by 11 points.

I have only managed Bristol City for a long career game. The club with the most rep that I tried was THFC but I just didn't feel the connection with them as I do for The Robins.

I'm waiting for 9.3.0 now and then I will try and get into a long game with another local team, Bath City or Team Bath. (Definately not Bristol Rovers!)

Archived