Depressed and sad

I am currently watching Derby v Manu Utd and have just read a thread about unrealism and its like a huge gigantic juganort has struck me - Is there ever going to be a game of any sort to do with footbal that is EXACTLY like real life and my answer is no unfortunately, there are, in fm09, an unending list of things that arent real life, in fact there is nothing that is done like real life; even fifa or pro evo, if you study them, are no where near real life football, every single one is just too cubic/ not flexible enough, i dont know, but there s something stopping a football game being life real life. Happy t hear any thoughts to cheer me up

Many thanks

Jamie

i dont mean litererally u ************************************************************

No need for that. :thdn:

Anyway, it is very difficult to make make a football sim but it is getting closer to reality as time passes but there is no way it will ever actually be exactly like real life.

i dont mean litererally u ************************************************************

That's probably the longest swear word I've ever seen. Is it Welsh?

But anyway, computer games/simulators will never completely be the same as real life. You said "cubic", of course it would be "cubic", because everything in computer games is a fixed instruction. There's no blurring of the borders.

And also, if there ever comes a time when computer games become as real as real life, there would be no real life, because everything would be real, and it would be one big paradoxical mess.

My head in one big paradoxical mess after reading what you've typed Suzie :D Give the indoors guy a break :D

Bloody hell. malleria, there's such a thing as "subtlety". Would probably be an idea for you to look it up. Ditto for "sarcasm" and "sense of humour" (you may be better off looking elsewhere for the latter)

And people say our trolls are bad. Good God...

Games it is true arre not like real life, although I disagree with Suzie's comments, as the lines between games and reality should (and probably won't get blurred) although there are examples of people who can't. If your talking about the match engine, then i suggest you make some constructive comments on how you personally would improve it.

Until AI becomes intuitive and almost or actually self learning no game will ever be truly realistic, we're years away from anything like that because it'd require huge amounts of memory and programming that isn't out there yet. If games do reach that point, then there is the question of whether or not a synthetic life-form has been created (much philosophy study invested in topics like this lol) but ultimately take the match you mentioned on a game like FIFA or even one more scripted like FM it is highly unlikely we will see something like the flick Giggs did, the game simply can't reflect the brain of the player, odds are in more or less any game he'd take a touch to control it and pass it on, or automatically be facing the right way to pass it through. Despite as good as it gets, it'll never quite be as good as the real thing lol.

The only way a computer sim will even approach a ‘real life’ experience in football management is if you immersed yourself in a Web-based virtual world similar to Second Life (http://secondlife.com/whatis/ if you are not familiar with it) or even World of Warcraft.

It would be the sort of place where you have to respond to real queries throughout YOUR real life, logging on at work, at home, on your iPhone (or similar). I can see this working and getting gamers to join in various league worlds. If *your* team was unavailable you can start a new ‘life’ and then others would join in yours or you can just stay as a sole player against the AI. Games could play in real time and you could have virtual sit-down conversations with your players and staff, and any number of Web-based initiatives. In fact, I think I might copyright this idea right now.

I doubt I’d have the time to play myself, but I imagine some people would.

For FM we will just have to content ourselves by waiting for new features that hopefully won’t detract from SI’s efforts to improve general gameplay. My top requests:

Ability to talk to unhappy players with more options such as “Look, I know you want to go to a bigger club, but give me one more year and we’ll be competing at the very top”.

More contract clauses, such as the one Michael Owen supposedly had at Newcastle, eg, Min Release fee clause activated if club fails to reach Champions League, or Min release clause active if a Champions League-qualified club comes in for player.

Less emphasis on performance relating to press conferences. Team talk, yes (but more options please), press conferences no. At least, not unless we publically criticise/praise particular players.

And also, if there ever comes a time when computer games become as real as real life, there would be no real life, because everything would be real, and it would be one big paradoxical mess.

You have been watching the Matrix WAYYYY too much.

One of the reasons I like FM so much as that, within the scope what's possible with a computer game, FM is unbelievably realistic.

I think this post sums it up really.

If you want to be a real life manager, just start your carreer at your local amateur team. I'm sure, they are always searching for volunteers.

What I want to say is that never ever a game will become real life, otherwise you'd open something like a "parallel universe" or something in that way, and that's rather impossible.

Archived