Switching Flanks

Does anyone know if it's possible to "substitute" one of your players for another one already on the pitch e.g. switch your left and right wingers over??

Tried to do it during a match but was forced over to the right side of the screen where my unused subs were.

It's entirely possible that I'm being stupid and missing something, but it's a REAL pain if you can't do it, particularly when it comes to subs because of injuries. You'll often want to move a utility player into another position on the field to bring on a certain sub e.g. if you're playing Pip Neville at right back (God forbid!) and Valente at left back, and Hibbert is your only defender sub, if Valente gets injured then you'd want to switch Neville to left back so you can bring Hibbert on for Valente at right back! Hope that makes sense?!

Any help greatly appreciated...

Does anyone know if it's possible to "substitute" one of your players for another one already on the pitch e.g. switch your left and right wingers over??

Tried to do it during a match but was forced over to the right side of the screen where my unused subs were.

It's entirely possible that I'm being stupid and missing something, but it's a REAL pain if you can't do it, particularly when it comes to subs because of injuries. You'll often want to move a utility player into another position on the field to bring on a certain sub e.g. if you're playing Pip Neville at right back (God forbid!) and Valente at left back, and Hibbert is your only defender sub, if Valente gets injured then you'd want to switch Neville to left back so you can bring Hibbert on for Valente at right back! Hope that makes sense?!

Any help greatly appreciated...

Good to hear you worked this one out fairly quickly. icon_smile.gif

We simply ran out of space due to the limited number of buttons available so we had to move this functionality to a new screen. I think it works pretty well as an alternative but as ever, if you guys have any suggestions on how to improve this behaviour then feel free to share them.

Archived