Please Help

Hi i just got FM2009 today for PC... i have had no problems installing the game and it runs well... BUT there's a huge problem that simply prevents me from playing it:

The "Confirm" button doesn't work in the News, when they ask you to state your season expectations. It just doesn't work. I click on it, but nothing happens. And of course I can't continue, since the news does require confirmation. If I go on holiday and skip it, then the Press Conference "Attend" button won't work. I don't know, maybe it's a common bug, please help me!!!! Is there any way to fix it? All the other elements work, but playing is impossible since you can't confirm anything.

i have tried new skins as i thought it might be that but nothing... i am running v9.2.0 on vista if thats helps...

any help would be great because i really want to play this game :(

Try deleting your cache

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

:( well thanks for your help im going to have to just get it for my imac instead... the reason i choose to get it for vista was that i want to edit some of the stuff before me and a friend start the same game... if you could do me one last favor, do you know if there is a FMRTE (football manager real time editor) for the mac version of the game

:( well thanks for your help im going to have to just get it for my imac instead... the reason i choose to get it for vista was that i want to edit some of the stuff before me and a friend start the same game... if you could do me one last favor, do you know if there is a FMRTE (football manager real time editor) for the mac version of the game

If you brought a CD then it should work on your mac as well?

Dont know about fmrte.

Archived