Rangers and Celtic in England.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there is. You use the editor to swap them or use an edt file.

Who would you like them to replace in the Championship?

An edt file is the best way as you can use that on any database without having to redo it including the new database that SI will release.

http://files.filefront.com/old+firm+swap+pledt/;13295800;/fileinfo.html

That is file I created before for someone if anyone wants to use it. It puts them in the Premier League instead of Fulham and Middlesbrough.

It is a tiny file so download is really quick and it can be used on any database including on previous FM's like FM08 and so on.

All you do is put it in the edt folder of the database you are using.

Then start a new game and in preferences go to extra files and make sure the old_firm_swap file is ticked. :thup:

It'd probably make more sense to swap out the 2 most northern teams in the league and put them in the scottish one. I think they'd both find it harder to get promoted than they imagine lol.

Yeah that would be great mate, Barnsley and Southampton.

I just tried to open my editor and i got this message:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Never used the editor before, what does that mean?

Thanks to wayne 37 I just realised the one of the old firm replacing the premier league was incorrect and have just edited the link.

Sir Stuart Wilson, that is a good database. I might play that in the future if you uploaded and I am sure others would too. :thup:

Im on 9.2 ,, have 2 different saves,, but what is the destination that I would save to, ?

I'll ask everything I need to know in 1 post this time.

Database being used?

Did you use Steam or not?

That is for both of you.

By the way xander, you can delete you posts if you want. The forums are incredibly slow for me as well. :rolleyes:

cheers mate,, found it in the steam settings,,, bit of a long way round , but got there in the end. Quick question tho,, i see that my other saves havent been affected which is good.

Once I start a new game with say Rangers in the championship,,if I then delete that swap file from the folder,, will the new game play on with gers in the champ ,, and just mean further new games will revert back to the default database setup ??

I am part way through this. Put Charlton and Burnley into spl and the old firm into the championship. Celtic won the league in a canter, Rangers second. Celtic undefeated, Rangers lost only once - to Celtic (other game was a draw). EPL is a different matter and much more challenging. Celtic lying 6th after 6 games, Rangers 18th.

James, have you downloaded the file above?

Just put that in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-920\db\920\edt.

Then start a new game with that database making sure that the file is ticked extra files in preferences before creating the game. :thup:

Southampton- sorry to break it to you, they live down south mate (you could be being sarcastic- in which case my bad :))-- though were terrible (well my dads team- i keep an eye out) and proberly wont be in the championship next year, so good choice!

That is who I was told to replace in one of the posts above. ;)

Anyway it does not matter where they located as Celtic and Rangers will still both be in Glasgow if that is what you are confused about.

Anyway if anyone wants to make their own, just follow my guide. ;)

Southampton- sorry to break it to you, they live down south mate (you could be being sarcastic- in which case my bad :))-- though were terrible (well my dads team- i keep an eye out) and proberly wont be in the championship next year, so good choice!

I know Southampton is in the South of England, i've been there a few times. The reason i decided to take them out was becuase they are one of the poorer teams so it would make the challenge harder.

Scots aren't all as stupidas you lot think.

Archived