How much do you buy and sell?

Where are you in the list of number of players sold/bought  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you in the list of number of players sold/bought

• Number 1, I can't even remember my players names
    • in the top ten, easy come, easy go
    • in the top 50, please don't leave me....
    • other.. whats a transfer?

I used to love making transfers but I've found that:

1) Your team takes ages to gel if you make loads of transfers.

2) It makes the game slightly less realistic.

Now days I just stick to sensible transfers with the occasional blowout if needed (and if I have the money).

I usually look to aquire a spine of good young local regens, with top facilities you can get 2-3 continental quality youngsters every year! On top of that I buy experience for any problem positions. I think I usually buy in 3-5 players a season to cover those who want to leave or don't make the grade, but once I have 'my team' set I usually go ten years with them ..

i think this is one reason FM can be to easy, you can sell half your team to get profit and then but in alot of cheap under 21's or free transfer's or even buy players and sell them for a profit at later stage..

IRL you would never buy and see as much as alot of peopel do in FM, it makes building a quality team far easy and quickly also

Just checked my stats on my FM08 game with Man City.

I have bought 60 players for 290 million over 6 years which put me 6th in the list with the person leading with 88 signings.

I have sold 42 players for 128 million which puts me equal top with Simon Davey ahving him sold 42 players for 5.75 million.

The reason why I buy so many players is because I like to nuture my youth and I bring in lots of youth signings.

August 2013 (I've been manager since the end of June 2012)

Bought: 36 (£0), 22nd on list in order of number bought

Sold: 4 (£60k), probably around 40% of the way down the list. I release far more than I sell, partly because nobody would consider buying the guys that I want to sell, such is the life of an LLM manager

I do lots of transfers(in and out) during the first three season and in most games at that point there is only 3 or 4 names names left from original squad but after that it slows down. I tend to show more patience towarrds players which I bought myself.

I'm top of the players bought with 69 in total over 4 years for a total £66m. Second in players sold with 54 for £43.5m, but I have 5-6 players I'm still trying to offload along with 35 released.

I wouldn't consider myself disloyal as the game does. I'm buying in youngsters to develop and selling on the ones that don't make the grade. If a player develops nicely then I'll fight tooth and nail to keep them at the club, but I can't get sentimental over potentially great players who just never reach their true potential at my club.

In my current game I'm in 2012 and brought 169 and sold/released 159. In this years summer transfer window I brought in 22 players and 3 during the window. Now I have a settled side and they are now gelling il probs only bring in 3-4 each window now whilst getting rid of dead wood.

July 2017

Ashford Town

Players Bought - 90 (£45,000,000)

Players Sold - 3 :o (£170,000)

Players Released - 103

Bit of a weird game. Added the current manager in 2014 at Ashford (who had been taken over by a Polish tycoon). Promoted 4 years in a row, from BSS to Championship, so far, and with unlimited money I just keep it my aim to have a good squad and a happy squad, so any players I don't want just get their contracts terminated as I'm not fussed financially. Not that much of a challenge, but fun nonetheless. :D

I don't have the game handy to get the stats, but I do a lot of wheeling and dealing. If I see a good bargain on a free transfer I just can't turn it down. In the past couple of seasons as Bolton I've picked up Nigel De Jong, Jemaine Pennant, Leroy Lita, Adel Taarabt, Freddie Ljungberg, Sercan Yildirim (thought he can't get a WP) and Thomas Gravesen on Bosmans. I've also gotten good deals on Henrique, Juan Manuel Mata, Javi Garcia, Miguel Lopes, and Luigi Bruins. As a result I've definitely been able to steadily improve the squad, keeping the core of the team more or less the same while rotating out (and makng huge profits on) the squad players.

Plus, I've poached a lot of very promising young players, though I'm not sure if they'll get enough playing time to work out for me.

I got a regen RB off of Real Madrid 2 seasons ago at the age of 19 for £5M.

Now he is turning 22 this year, and is worth £27.5M !!!

Im a buy-for-profit genius.

That's nothing, I bought a CB regen for 475k aged 16, now 21 worth £32million.

Players Bought - 122 (€110m)

Players Sold - 85 (€140m)

Players Released - 73

Rising through the leagues I bought and sold a lot but now that Reutlingen are established in Europe I am able to stick to players longer.

Archived