Welsh Teams

Im not sure if im in the right location for this, but does anyone know if a Welsh Team applied to play in the English league, like Cardiff etc, what league would the be put into? Im guessing if they started from scratch, theyd have to go regional and then upwards, but could a Welsh Prem team apply to come into the English pyramid?

If they could i might edit the database to move a few into the system and see what would happen

i saw a thread ages ago mite be dafuges challenge where someone had Mythr Tydfil in the championship - not sure if they used an editor to get them into BSS or not.

is it actually an in game function?

Mythr are usually promoted into the BSS at the end of the first season. They actually do already play in the English leagues.

Newport and Merthyr are in the English leagues already. But, as to applying for the English leagues, I doubt any Welsh teams would actually want to. No money for it I dont think, the fans already tend to flock to the big Welsh teams (Cardiff, Swansea) and maybe Wrexham too of course.

Average attendances for the biggest Welsh clubs are still pretty meagre.

I suppose this doesnt really answer your question, but having watched a Welsh Division 1 game this weekend, its park football, in all honest. Regional leagues at the most!

Archived