Steam problem:prepare to laucnh..then disappear

Hello , i just purchased the game via paypal and got it installed and everything..

My problem is after finishing installing the game through Steam , i press the "launch button , then the box which states "preparing to launch world wide soccer 2009"...Then the box disappears and nothing happen.

Does anyone know what should i do??

I tried to re install , but same thing happens...The box which states "prepare to launch" appears then quickly disappears and nothing happens.

Can you see anything happening in the background (check via taskmanager), sometimes on my PC, after I double click the icon, nothing seems te be happening, but after a minute or so, the FM start screen is displayed.

Are you connected to steam when starting the game? You can try to create a shortcut for the FM09.exe, you can find this at this location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009 Copy this shortcut to your desktop, now you can start even when not connected to steam (or having no Inet available).

Sorry , nothing is happening.

Can anyone help??

I downloaded the game through Stream and everything looks fine until a press the Steam "launch game" button...Then the block box which states "preparing to laucnh WWS09" appears , then quickly disappears...then nothing......

I went into the game folder and press on the WWS icon from there and a box which states "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0150002).Click on OK to terminate the application.

The headline of this same box states"wsm.exe - application error".

Can anyone help?

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

That should help. :thup:

Archived