Italy

Does anyone else find that the players in Italy seem to be much better than every where else in the world?

Not the top players but the younger players like Santon, Balotelli, Criscito and the players in the weaker Serie A teams seem better than the ones from other leagues.

I dont watch lots of Italian football, mainly just the Champions League, but it doesnt look as good as the Premier League or La Liga.

Have the Italian researchers just bigged up Italy or is that the way it really is?

can't say i know alot about italian football but i always thought there were a lot of aging players there.

Italian football is full of aging players, however, there are still some quality players, I wouldnt say its on par with La Liga or the Premiership anymore but its still the 3rd best league in Europe, arguably the world. I do think its a case of the the Italian researcher been a bit "over generous" with his ratings

Italin league used to be the best in the world to watch and had the best players in the late 90's then they got hit with debts and were deemed from then now its La liga > Premiership > Serie A.

Shame it doesn't have any money in it anymore otherwise it would be a lot better.

Does anyone else find that the players in Italy seem to be much better than every where else in the world?

Not the top players but the younger players like Santon, Balotelli, Criscito and the players in the weaker Serie A teams seem better than the ones from other leagues.

I dont watch lots of Italian football, mainly just the Champions League, but it doesnt look as good as the Premier League or La Liga.

Have the Italian researchers just bigged up Italy or is that the way it really is?

I'm not sure if this is entirely true but I'm sure I read somewhere each research team has different methods of rating players. Maybe it is that the researchers in Italy don't follow the same model the ones here use.

Italian football is 2nd best behind Spain in standard of football, and I am English, the big 4 in England do well in Europe but the rest of the league is average/*****
You speak in the kind of matter of fact way that paints you as a bit of a... Well, let's not get into that and say everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Italian football is 2nd best behind Spain in standard of football, and I am English, the big 4 in England do well in Europe but the rest of the league is average/*****

The rest of the teams in the premiership are a lot better than the teams outside the top 4 spanish (barca, r.madrid, valencia, at. madrid) and italian teams (inter, milan, juve, roma).

The rest of the teams in the premiership are a lot better than the teams outside the top 4 spanish (barca, r.madrid, valencia, at. madrid) and italian teams (inter, milan, juve, roma).

IMO, Genoa and Fiorentina are better than Roma and Sevilla are better than Atletico Madrid.

The EPL have horrible teams outside the big 4 (except for Villa this year), whereas Serie A and La Liga have pretty good mid table teams. The relegation zone for the EPL is even worse. As for the prospects question, Italy has a few promising U-23s but definitely not as many as Spain/Brazil/Argentina and the like.

Italy and Spain have more depth than England. Sure Italy has older players and many say that it is boring but then again they are ********. You would be surprised about the amount of depth in our league ;)

I always thought that the reason the English league was the best was because of it's depth and competition. In La Liga the majority of bottom half look teribble, Sporting Gijon were about 12th last time I looked and they looked unbelivably bad against teams in the top 6. A decent championship side could beat them. Just becasue they play pretty football doesn't make them better than an English team that doesn't. The only areas the Spanish and Italians leagues are stronger is in the UEFA cup positions 5th 6th 7th best teams are better than the English but that's it.

The strength of the English league is also shown by the fact that the Championship is the 6th richest league in Europe. It is far stronger than the lower forign leagues.

The EPL have horrible teams outside the big 4 (except for Villa this year), whereas Serie A and La Liga have pretty good mid table teams. The relegation zone for the EPL is even worse. As for the prospects question, Italy has a few promising U-23s but definitely not as many as Spain/Brazil/Argentina and the like.

Horrible teams???

I think teams like Everton, Tottenham, Man City etc. are decent teams and could compete with alot of the mid table clubs you speak of in Italy/Spain.

they may be rich but City are still a "horrible team"!

I'm a United fan so hate City but the are very good compared to some crap lower to mid table teams in Spain, probably same in Italy but I don't see much Serie A so I can't say.

Archived