Developing young youth players

Hey all. For the first time on FM I have had a player come through my youth system who could actually be very, very good. The only thing is that I have no idea how to develop him - I've never bothered with training schedules before, for any players, not just for youth team ones. I'm going to download some training schedules to use but again, I have no idea about them. Has anyone got any tips for training youth team players and players in general? Also, are there any very good schedules around on the net that I can download?

The player in question is below:

boumsong-1.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone!

Playing him is the best way. Make sure he gets enough playing time if not at your club then loan him out to a team that will play him. When they are u18 and as long as they are not good enough to challenge for a first team place, I leave them there and let them benefit from my training. After that loan them out if you can if they are not ready for your first team.

You can also tutor him if you want with a senior player.

Playing him is very good. On my current Palace game I had loads of youngsters who I bought and as I was in quite a low league (league 1), I played them virtually every game and some are still playing for me five seasons down the line as I'm leading the premiership.

Archived