The game doesn't produce enough good managers

I'm now in 2017 and naturally some of the greatest managers of the game are gone or well and truly on their way out. This is ultimately making the game easier it seems, Wenger, Ferguson etc had great stats and this was shown in team performances. Once these two are gone there is very few individuals capable of replacing them at their clubs even if you have the game go for another 1000 years. This goes for them all, sooner or later once Mourinho, Guardiola and Rijkaard are gone as well the game will be extremely easy just because the AI managers will be completely incompetent.

Is there a problem that AI managers don't improve over their careers or do they and its just not having any effect? There does need to be something more than reputation which effects how managers get their jobs and how they will perform in their jobs, Arsenal gave their managerial position to mexico's u20 manager Jesus Ramirez who only has 1 stat above 15 and I just beat Arsenal 6-2 and it felt incredibly hollow because he's worse than both Wenger and Guardiola who are retired and sacked respectively.

Another issue is why do so many clubs seem to be tight with their managers wages, Man Utd are paying their manager 19k a week, Arsenal paying 26k a week and Chelsea 22k a week. This may be another factor with poor appointments, clubs not willing to pay high wages although I don't know if thats factored in any way.

I've not had a look at manager wages (except mine of a stupid 300k p.w.), but I've found a few decent managers from former players.

Carles Puyol is on his 3rd PL club

John Terry (was) at Napoli (has about 4 19/20 attribute categories).

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but there seem to be a few, maybe not enough, but a few decent former players being managers

I've had a look at the staff at the big clubs see if there is former players there managing and none at all compare to the good managers, most have one or two attributes over 15. Gary Neville has 3 or 4 but his reputation is regional so he's not getting any job offers, despite being one of the few who looks competent.

Yea it seems at the moment the game has no scope for a manager to become a great manager over time, hopefully one day managers will improve with age as well as players because it seems experience doesn't have much bearing at the moment but there's only so much that can be incorporated in the game I suppose lol.

Archived