League Cup Semi Finals Away Goal Rule, Whats Going on?

On my game as Man City i have just won in the League Cup semi final's.

Anyway just noticed that Liverpool won 2-0 against Arsenal(Lost 3-1 in the 1st leg at the Emirates)

It said away goals as win but did not appear to have gone to extra time so i clicked on match report and it did not go to Extra time, So to double check i clicked on veiw key highlights and skipped to the end of the game after +5mins of added time it says Liverpool have reached the final.

In real life we lost 4-1 at Spurs then won 3-0 at Turf moor but we did not win on away goals??? We had to wait untill after extra time to finish the away goals to count( which is a bit harsh for lower league teams the away goal rule should stand after 90mins).

Is it a bug with Fm cos Liverpool were winning on away goals but did not have to go to extra time?

94693215ze7.jpg

w1024.png

You're not being cheated, tbh, you're being cheated in real life. Away goals should be after 90 minutes because that gives the other team an extra 30 minutes to get another goal.

Yup the rule really stinks, A lower league team as to really work their socks of against a Prem league side for 90mins just to get a lead, Then to end up having to play another 30 mins when there tanks are on empty. Just gives the Top sides an unfair advantage.

Just like in real life for 118mins Spurs were awful then they score in the 118th min and 120th min.Like Harry Redknap said a get out of jail free card.

For a team outside the Prem to get an away goal lead after 2 legs should go through to the final desveradly nevermind having to play another 30mins.... Anyway just my oppinion and still sore from what happened in real life lol

I agree that the away goals rule should count after 90 minutes, I'm sure it did a few years back as Man Utd got kicked out of Europe on away goals and I'm 90% certain that was after 90 minutes, against Porto the season porto won the cup if anyone can correct me if it needs doing

It was definitely harsh on Burnley and I was gutted for them. Very unfortunate but I don't mind the rule as it can go for you and go against you. You can get another goal as well. It is just the way it goes. Obviously this is my opinion only though.

Burnley were still really unlucky though.

Riche Brill, it still does in Europe. It never did in the League Cup though I don't think.

Porto knocked United out 3-2 on aggregate that season. If United had held on they would have gone through on away goals. :(

I am a Spurs fan but must agree with Barkermush, we should have suffered the same fate as Arsenal, Chelsea and co at your hands. We were over-complacent and you were much better on the day and didn't deserve to lose 4-1 at the Lane, maybe just a goal or two, but we went through because of a bonkers rule that also helped us vs Arsenal two seasons ago, but we did not take advantage that day. I suggest you raise this issue in the bugs forum if you havn't already as this rule normaly works, but first check you are patched to 9.2.0.

P.S. Hope you go up, Burnley truely deserve it.

p.p.s, I think they should scrap the away goals rule altogether.

There shouldn't be any need to upload a save, I've checked my save & the Semi final rules show away goes to be applied after 90 minutes in the league cup. All SI need to do is check one of the many saves they should have amongst the testing team to verify the error & fix it.

Silly one to let slip through the testing phase though.

Archived