Manager Pictures/Faces Question

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to make your own facegen I think. It's fairly complicated. Best asking in the skinning hideout like I said :thup:

Or use a picture of your self and convert it to the correct size and save it as PNG. that is what I did.

WOW, i'm not bothered now i've seen the instructions. May try later on, but not for me now. Cheers for all of the responses.

config_1234696906.xml

Download this, it is my one.

Edit it, and in the line:

<record from="profile" to="graphics/pictures/person/2023013668/portrait"/>

change 'profile' to the name of your picture and '202301366' to your manager ID (you can turn these on in preferences)

Then just stick it and the picture in a folder in your graphics folder. Reload the skin as usual and your picture should appear.

You see the where it says Mirror. Click that. :thup:

Cheers, but its a .rar file and i'm not good at converting them. Have you got any skins files that are .fmf and if anyone else has, can they give me the link to download them as i fear that i will mess up my computer and the instructions are too complicated for me.

Cheers in advance :thup:

I don't know of any skins that are .fmf files.

Most files are .rar files. I'll walk you through it if you like. You cannot mess up your computer. :)

Once you do one you will see how easy it is. :D

Yeah, can you please Jod. Hopefully your instructions will be easier to understand than the ones in the Skinning Hideout.

Yeah, can you please Jod. Hopefully your instructions will be easier to understand than the ones in the Skinning Hideout.

1. Download WinRar. You will get it here. Click the link that says English and choose to save that file.

2. Once that is downloaded then you need to install it. So just double click it.

3. Then just go through the screens one by one clicking next each time to install it.

4. When it is installed you need to right click on the skin that you downloaded and then on the menu that appears click "Extract to..".

5. Then in the window that appears go to the following location: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins.

6. Once that is done just go into preferences in the game and go to the display and sound section and change the skin in there.

If you want to download other skins you obviously will not have to download and install WinRar again, just do from step 4 above.

Hope that helps. :) If there is anything you are not clear on, just post back. :D:thup:

YES, THE SKINS WORK!!!

Cheers Jod, really appreciate it. I've been trying to do it since i got the game at christmas and its working now, all thanks to you :thup:

What do you do to get the club logo's up in a game that i have already started?

If you don't know, don't worry i'll get an answer from someone else.

But cheers for the skins :thup:

No problem. :)

Similar to the skins but they go in a different place. You need to create a folder called graphics in the following location. My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009.

Then follow wwhat I said above for skins by extracting the logos you have to the graphics folder that you created this time.

Then go into the game and in display and sound preferences, untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

Didn't work Jod. Can you have a different skin to the default one and the logo's as well? When i go back onto the preferences screen, the Skin Cache box is still unticked and the Always reload skin on confirm is ticked. What do i do?

Wrong way around ;)

They should work fine with any skin.

Archived