Local Team

My most local team is Brentford, although I hate them with a passion. I support Barnet, who are probably the 5th or 6th nearest to me, but are the team who I've been taken to see all my life. And I suppose they are still 'local' as they are in the same city.

How many people actually choose to go their local team rather than all the top or usual teams?

i honestly have never went my home team which is Queen of the South scottish first division.... thinking about trying it

Me, but then again, i am from the toon :p

My most local team is Stoke City (before anyone chimes in, Stoke are actually closer to me than Port Vale who are at the other end of the city) and I always play with them. It's been great to watch them go from relegation contenders on FM07 to, relegation contenders on FM09 just in the premiership lol.

Hamilton are in the SPL, so there's no chance of me going them, besides I don't really like them anyway.

From CM4 onwards I went Falkirk (No idea why) then when they got promoted to the SPL I jumped ship to Raith Rovers because they were the first team that I chose when scottish clubs came into the equation. I'm tired of going Raith Rovers and having little or no success so in Football Manager 2009 I decided to pick a Scottish team that had the best badge, so I'm now East Fife. ;)

For those who say they don't have a local club, surely you must have one somewhere in your locality?
I used to live in Oban over on the west coast of Scotland. The nearest playable sides would probably be in Glasgow, nearly 100 miles away. The nearest side in the game, playable or not, is probably Fort William, itself still 45 miles away. Some of us really do live out in the middle of nowhere ;)

Now I live in Galashiels, roughly halfway between Edinburgh and the Scotland/England border. My local team (Gala Fairydean) are in it, but not playable. For playable sides, I'm looking at teams 30 miles to the north, up in Edinburgh, and I don't really consider that "local".

Archived