I cannot proceed with my South American invasion...

Ok, here's the situation:

I have a sick Argentinian striker in my Real Oviedo save, and I want him to gain Spanish nationality (along with a few other South Americans :p). He's already at 769 days and still 'Awaiting Paperwork'. I'm just wondering how long this process takes?

Thanks in advance. :)

(patiently waits for jod to help me :D)

I am here. :D (Hopes I get the 1st reply. ;) )

Some people on here seem to find it that they don't ever take it even if there are foreign rules in a country. There is no way to force them to take it but I assume as awaiting paperwork is there that they will take it. I never been in this situation on FM09 so cannot give you an exact time but on FM08 Tevez did not take Spanish nationality for me until I think around 2 months after the 2 years.

EDIT: DevonSpurs beat me :(

Doesn't it all happen at the end of the season iirc.

Just how sick is he

"Well he sleeps with his sister" :)

I'm not sure. I just remember that I got Marvell Wynne to get Canadian nationality in a TFC FM08 game. He got Canadian citizenship right after he was eligible.

I never managed in Spain before...

I am here. :D (Hopes I get the 1st reply. ;) )

Some people on here seem to find it that they don't ever take it even if there are foreign rules in a country. There is no way to force them to take it but I assume as awaiting paperwork is there that they will take it. I never been in this situation on FM09 so cannot give you an exact time but on FM08 Tevez did not take Spanish nationality for me until I think around 2 months after the 2 years.

EDIT: DevonSpurs beat me

Tut tut jod. Too slow! Can't win the Member of the Quarter at that rate! ;)

He already stated he wants to play for Spain when I initially signed him, so I'm sure he wants that Spanish nationality. Thanks for the reply anyways jod. Just hoping for the Spaniards to quicken the process. :D

66 days after he is eligible for citizenship and still awaiting paperwork. How long does it take to apply irl? :p

In my first save on FM09 (pre patches tbh) it took for a player about three months and for a second player just a little bit less (about 10/11 weeks).

So be patient, he will get it in the end

• 1 month later...

If a player is 'awaing paperwork' in Spain but I sign him for an English team will his paper work eventually come through?

Basically I'm after a Brazilian striker who has just completed his 720 days at a Spanish club but I want to sign him before the transfer window closes. Now I know I can buy him regardless of whether he gets a work permit or not but if I do and have him hanging around the club for a couple of months will this prevent him getting his paperwork through as I don't want to buy him if he never gets his Spanish citizenship?

Good thinking from Ceching You Out, there. Well done :D

As already stated, Nomis I think that you may be wrong, as you have to reside in that country to take up citizenship.

Thanks pnefc22!

Another option, albeit a little trickier, would be to buy the player immediately and then try to loan the player back out to a Spanish side with the option to recall him after he gains Spanish nationality. I believe the only limit to buying+loaning in the same window is that it can't be within the same league; for example, you couldn't buy the player and then loan him out to your rival. I could be wrong on the limitations though; you could save, give it a dry run, and always reload if it didn't work out.

Archived