Andre the Giant (regen)

I know where you're coming from, but jumping is how high you can get your head, not your feet. Even if he doesn't jump, he would still get his head higher than a 160cm player who can jump 25cm.

That's the definition of "jumping" in FM. It's worrying that people don't know this- it could be messing up your whole set piece routines! Height has no significant effect on the ME.

His jumping, like all of his attributes, will increase with age. This means that it isn't a bug. Give him time SCIAG. He is still only 14 and has a long way to go.

At that age, his jumping MUST be 18 or higher. He's already earnt it.

And of course he still has a long way to go, but this is genetic. It's like saying that a 16 year old Theo Walcott should have had 14/14 for pace... ;)

I know where you're coming from, but jumping is how high you can get your head, not your feet.

That's the definition of "jumping" in FM. It's worrying that people don't know this- it could be messing up your whole set piece routines! Height has no significant effect on the ME.

That is correct,

I am a basketball coach and do have players who are 2m or more but some of them are out jumped easy by some smaller ones, only becuase of timing.

I do admit that with Basketball you use other items when jumping (hands) then in football.

Even if he doesn't jump, he would still get his head higher than a 160cm player who can jump 25cm.

In this example yes, but what about a 180cm player not able to jump/time well against a 170cm player which can time/jump, does the 180 cm player always win? In real not, but in FM I think he will.

André is small compared to André The Giant, who was 6'3 and weighed 200 pounds at the age of 12. He was born with the acromegaly condition though.

Legend has it that André The Giant once drank 157 bottles of beer in one drinking session, then wrestled the next day.

André is small compared to André The Giant, who was 6'3 and weighed 200 pounds at the age of 12. He was born with the acromegaly condition though.

Legend has it that André The Giant once drank 157 bottles of beer in one drinking session, then wrestled the next day.

haha

Some say that Andre The Giant had a fight with God. We all know who won ;)

Just because he is tall doesn't mean he should automatically have a good jumping stat. Look at Crouch he is 6ft 7' and can't jump worth a **** irl. Whereas, Tim Cahill is 5ft 10' and he is one of the best headers of the ball in the EPL. Kangaroo Cahill :D

He has been unofficially crowned "The Greatest Drunk on Earth" for once consuming 119 12-ounce beers in 6 hours.[11] On an episode of WWE's Legends of Wrestling, Mike Graham claimed that André once drank 157 12 ounce beers in one sitting, which was confirmed by Dusty Rhodes.

thats was wiki says.

looks like a good regen none the less, just hope he has a good potential though

Just because he is tall doesn't mean he should automatically have a good jumping stat. Look at Crouch he is 6ft 7' and can't jump worth a **** irl. Whereas, Tim Cahill is 5ft 10' and he is one of the best headers of the ball in the EPL. Kangaroo Cahill :D

Did you not read what I wrote?

"Jumping" does not mean ability to jump, or ability to head the ball. It's "ability to get head high up". Crouch has a nine inch advantage. He can jump more than you think. iirc Crouch has 18 for jumping. Cahill should have 14-16.

Not all tall people can jump well.

Like you say, not all tall people can jump well. That is something i really have to agree with.

It seems like the taller (bigger) the player is, in real-life, the worse his jumping is.

Strange thing.

Did you not read what I wrote?

"Jumping" does not mean ability to jump, or ability to head the ball. It's "ability to get head high up". Crouch has a nine inch advantage. He can jump more than you think. iirc Crouch has 18 for jumping. Cahill should have 14-16.

Unfortunately, I DID NOT read your post as it was late and must have missed it. I didn't realise that the jumping attribute was the ability to get head high up in FM. You have enlightened me.

However, in my view jumping is the ability to increase your height from your ground level height. Like Cahill has out-jumped players that were probably about 4 inches taller than him but his 'ability to jump' has made him the winner in most cases. Crouch doesn't really increase his ground level height much when he jumps coz he doesn't have much of a spring in his jump. That's what jumping means in my opinion.

I think the jumping stat is more to do with timing.

You're wrong. I know for a fact that jumping is how high you can get your head. Timing, as MLF says, would come down to anticipation, maybe concentration too.

Out of interest, Ricky, what patch are you using?

He has been unofficially crowned "The Greatest Drunk on Earth" for once consuming 119 12-ounce beers in 6 hours.[11] On an episode of WWE's Legends of Wrestling, Mike Graham claimed that André once drank 157 12 ounce beers in one sitting, which was confirmed by Dusty Rhodes.

How big is a 12 ounce beer?

I was right about the 157 bottles then. :)

Archived