The most loyal player ever?

I had my scouts assigned to Ireland and two of them came back with reports about a young striker who plays for Longford. My target is on £5 per week, so I can get him for free I offer him £2k a week he rejects and signs a future deal worth £5 per week, I offer him £5k per week same thning then £10k and now £15k.

I am playing as Crewe and have finished 3rd for the past 2 years and only lost the title by 2 points yet this guy wont sign its crazy. Although this is extremely unrealistic its is quite funny.

Anyone else ever had this before?

I had my scouts assigned to Ireland and two of them came back with reports about a young striker who plays for Longford. My target is on £5 per week, so I can get him for free I offer him £2k a week he rejects and signs a future deal worth £5 per week, I offer him £5k per week same thning then £10k and now £15k.

I am playing as Crewe and have finished 3rd for the past 2 years and only lost the title by 2 points yet this guy wont sign its crazy. Although this is extremely unrealistic its is quite funny.

Anyone else ever had this before?

I've had this and found that it depends on how long the player's been there and his age.

If he's in his first year, then I've found him unwilling to depart, whatever is offered. If he's in his second (or subsequent) year, then if he's under the age of a professional contract he's as likely to sign for you as not, depending on your own reputation and the reputation of your league/nation.

Just offered him £20k a week as my scouts rate him extremely highly. There are other teams offering aswell in the league below mine so I gotta keep offering as I would hate him to move to another club. especially another English one then it would cost me alot more to buy him in the future.

Just offered him £20k a week as my scouts rate him extremely highly. There are other teams offering aswell in the league below mine so I gotta keep offering as I would hate him to move to another club. especially another English one then it would cost me alot more to buy him in the future.

Good Luck!

At a guess, this guy is 16 years old. Longford will have offered him a professional contract, which he accepted. This means, until he is 17 - he has signed a pre-contract agreement that cannot be broken, so every time you offer him a contract, it appears as though he "signs" a new deal with his current club, when infact he doesn't. Wait until he is 17, then try again. you'll then be able to sign your man.

Could this deal be broken if I bid money for the player instead of offered him a new contract?

You are right he is 16.

From experience I do not think so, I have had this an awful lot with trying to sign players. Best keep him on your shortlist until he is 17, then try and sign him again as it should tell you then when he has signed his professional contract

Archived