Liverpool tactical advice

Some advice from anyone whose managing a Liverpool team. Whats your best formation/tactics? I'm currently using 4-1-3-2, which is excellent defensively (9 clean sheets in 11) but I'm not scoring many. I've got Llorente (scored the winners in first 3 1-0 wins!) and Pablo Oré but most of the squad is the same. Got the new blood coming in at end of first season!

Some advice from anyone whose managing a Liverpool team. Whats your best formation/tactics? I'm currently using 4-1-3-2, which is excellent defensively (9 clean sheets in 11) but I'm not scoring many. I've got Llorente (scored the winners in first 3 1-0 wins!) and Pablo Oré but most of the squad is the same. Got the new blood coming in at end of first season!

I've gone with 442-attacking.

Bought Messi from Barca for £10mil and stuck him on the left. Bought Mikel from Oslo for peanuts, put him in the middle and Gerrard on the right.

Mikel is now worth £30mil+ after 3 seasons. Won the league seasons 1 & 3. Second in season 2.

I never thought I'd say this, but keep Cisse in the team! icon_wink.gif In my game he's just won back to back World Player of the Year awards and is worth £40 mil!

put cisse back in. over 50 in all competitions on my first season. and he was injured for a total of 3 months

in terms of formation, try a 1, 4, 3, 2. put your midfielders in a tight line across midfield with furrows coming out from the two players on the outside towards the touchline, and a furrow from the central mid going backwards. set him as a playmaker and use him. this is the start of a great formation. theres a lot more to it in terms of instructions. but im not typing all that out. basically, keep your sweeper zonal marking, and your defs man marking. the wingers should have often for forward runs.

Archived