Managing a team u dont support!

does anyone find it hard to manage a team they do not support? im a liverpool fan and have managed liverpool many of times.. and tried a few other prem teams and championship teams and spanish teams but i do not find it as good as managing liverpool.. is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?

I am struggling with this actually, I am a United supporter but after they were relegated to the Ryman league they are not in the game anymore (don't want to edit them back in) so I had to try various other teams. Tried Bromley, Braintree, Hampton, AFC, Gateshead, St Albans and now Solihull Moors - but I can't seem to be motivated or care enough about them! Silly because I used to do 3-5 seasons with Sutton (there other "United's" out there!) and moved on to other clubs, but this year I can't do it! Maybe Sutton will be promoted again (currently 5th!) or SI will add another tier to the English leagues............

I am struggling with this actually, I am a United supporter but after they were relegated to the Ryman league they are not in the game anymore (don't want to edit them back in) so I had to try various other teams. Tried Bromley, Braintree, Hampton, AFC, Gateshead, St Albans and now Solihull Moors - but I can't seem to be motivated or care enough about them! Silly because I used to do 3-5 seasons with Sutton (there other "United's" out there!) and moved on to other clubs, but this year I can't do it! Maybe Sutton will be promoted again (currently 5th!) or SI will add another tier to the English leagues............

yeah but I call one team utd, you'll find them at the top of the epl. ;)

When I could manage Halifax I was too attached to all the players and didn't want to sell them when they weren't good enough. Other teams I can be ruthless.

Same with me and Hucknall Town. I'd sign a good player then realise accommodating him would mean dropping one of my favourite players... just not ruthless enough.

I like managing teams which I don't support, but those I have a 'soft spot' for.. Notts County, Mansfield Town, Everton. Probably my favourite type of game though is taking on teams newly promoted to the BSN - I'm currently Guiseley.

I support Man Utd but I often Manage Rushden or Reading (I was born in Reading but moved north or i'd support them lol) And if i get offered another job at a prem team I refuse if they're a rival of Man Utd but if it is Utd I still refuse. Mostly because if i wanted to manage them, I would have done at the start lol.

I like to mix it up. I sometimes manage Aberdeen but it never ends up being a long career due to my frustration. I've managed Man Utd in previous FM's but find it too easy tbh. At the moment I am Aston Villa and I want to stay here unti, they are a major force in Europe :D

does anyone find it hard to manage a team they do not support? im a liverpool fan and have managed liverpool many of times.. and tried a few other prem teams and championship teams and spanish teams but i do not find it as good as managing liverpool.. is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?

I'm an Arsenal fan. Throughout FM07, FM08 and FM09 I've probably racked up nearly 250 seasons. Not a single one of them was spent as Arsenal manager. Last time I played as Arsenal was FM06.

I'm a barca fan, but when i play career from the bottom with small clubs i would accept real madrid job. I would not buy many players, especially not young world class players. I wouldn't create the best team there is or involve myself deeply in micromanagent as i do with the other clubs. But i would try to win titles so i can eventually accept another job at the club i like when there's an opportunity (and ofcourse, before that offer new contracts with low/medium release clause to players i like and hijack them with my new club ;) )

If I do ever manage Man Utd, its only ever to do the whole buying in the kids and making them grow game rather than build a super team and win everything.... which usually happens anyway as its Utd and i can't go about losing all the time now can i lol.

When I could manage Halifax I was too attached to all the players and didn't want to sell them when they weren't good enough. Other teams I can be ruthless.

This one here, I can't manage West Brom because I wouldn't want to improve the squad.

i support Liverpool but have ever only managed them once coupel years back, i have had long term game with Ipswich and Forest, Forest are my FM team to manage and i always start with them.

I am thinking of going Millwall when the new patch comes out later this month.

P.s, I just forgot, i also was magaer of Newcastle for over 7 years winning the prem once, beofre movin gonto Portsmouth getting relegated followed by the sack where i took the West ham job before retiring

In past FM's I usually enjoyed my Man United games more but I have only played 1 season on Man United on FM09 mainly because I have a new laptop and wanted to make use of its capabilities with several leagues loaded and play a career game.

I usually do not play more than a season with Arsenal, whom I support in real life, in past FMs.

And the reason for that is because we were relatively successful in real-life and as such, I was contented enough to follow and revel in the team's exploits on TV.

This year however, I just had to try and drown my sorrows by winning trophies after trophies in FM, seeing as how we are just going through such a rough ride in real-life. :(

I'm a Toronto FC fan (and strangely proud of it! :D) and I love managing them. There aren't many 'strong' rivalries in MLS so I have no problem managing other MLS clubs.

I am also a PSV fan, and I would never ever manage Ajax. Although I would have no problems buying players from Ajax. I know that some may argue that the Ajax-Feyenoord (I also support Feyenoord to a extent, as Canadian-born de Guzman is on the team :p) rivalry might be bigger than Ajax-PSV, but I hate Ajax to death, and hope they crash and burn this season.

Just a bit stumped on AZ's performance this season... (please don't lose points today against them...)

I have my favourite teams in Europe but i dont pick them to manage...just go with the flow and see where you end up... that way the game is more interesting. I mean im an Ajax fan... but in when PSV or AZ comes a long in 2027 i dont mind...as long im able to make a step forward in my career

I'll add myself to one of the bunch not being able to manage my team. I support Bournemouth but can't help but find myself picking the players I'd pick in real life. It never works as it would in real life but I hate to change it. I end up getting frustrated with the game and the save goes to pot.

I have the best, most memorable games when I go further afield; Norway in 07 and Slovenia in 09.

In no way am I dismissing the abilities of the Bournemouth researcher. He has done a good job but something doesn't seem to click with Bournemouth in the game.

Oh and I hate it when the game never fails to have Joe Roach poached by a big club. I like to make an emphasis on producing quality youth and Joe Roach is the man for that...then he gets picked up for nothing by Everton or something.

I support Milan, and i don't manage them, because top team are boring to manage. i see it as a waste of you money just to manage only one team. with FIFAM i managed only Milan, but when i switched to FM, the realism shocked me. So managing other clubs can be really fun in that way, and i develop some sort of intrest to the club in real life.

Offcours teams i hate or not like, i will never manage. but thats only a small fraction

I always start off with the team I support, once I've had my fill then I'll manage whoever I fancy. Really does not bother me who I manage.

It's just a game :eek:

I'm currently managing FC United of Manchester. I sure don't support them and sure don't want them to do well, but I'm thoroughly enjoying my game.

On the flipside, having three epic save games with Billericay Town on 01/02, 06 and 07 has led to me hoping they do well in real life.

I do enjoy managing the team I support (Spurs), but not because I support, they are just my style of team. I would still like to if I did not support them, but also if I supported a different team I do not nessicerily think I would like to manage them. Although, a few seasons into the game, this can obiousley all change...

I'm a Villa fan and barely had any enjoyable games, did manage to win the league in the second season, didn't do as well in the third and was sacked, victim of the own success ruined it fo rme. :(

I find more enjoyment with other teams.

Archived