Men Against Boys....

Im at QPR and have got a team that consists of 7 wonderkids (non-regen that is :)), (if you want to know who they are there is a thread in the good player and team guide forums, called "how many wonderkids...").

My question to you guys is, Is it better to put the older players in ahead of the wonderkids? Ive noticed that even though the 'kids are better attribute wise than the older boys, my team plays alot better when the older players start, especially the midfield. Are there hidden stats that make the older players a better choice? or is it just the experience of playing more games.

What do you guys favour, the old heads, or the young bloods? thoughts.

A good balance between youth and experience is the key, just like IRL. My average squad is 27 and have been together for years now and are just about unbeatable. Having a squad that has gelled for a few years and good harmony is also a good factor with not too many comings and goings in the transfer market.

Young regens have often very low consistancy ratings or other low hidden stats that's why they often don't perform to the level they should.

But with a very good tutoring hidden stats can go up and consistancy goes up just like any other normal attribute with time,practice and enough games.

I currently have a squad with an average age of 22 at Villa. I still have a couple of older heads in my squad e.g Laursen, Knight, Cuellar, Luke Young, Shorey and Barry (i'm in 2010/2011 season btw so they are considered old in my eyes). I like to have a nice balance of youth and experience. I tend to have the more experienced players at the back as I don't mind young pacy wingers/strikers.

Archived