What Type of Manager are you?

I consider myself as a sort of Development Manager, I like to take on a very hands on approach with everything the game has to offer.

I don't really like big teams, I like teams that have a good youth setup and academy and like to train each player individually. I give every player a chance to prove themselves in the first season, unless they have really bad stats or don't fit in to my system.

I watch my games in Full so I can see what is going on and enjoy the style of football I create. I set up individual training regimes for all my players that are full time and get the most out of them, wether it be PPM's or new positions. I monitor there progress all the time, with stats mainly not so much ratings.

The game is much more enjoyable this way and with this version being the most realistic, I'm very happy with it and my own management style.

I'm currently managing in South America, Flamengo. They have a good setup there and this past week I have become a fan of the team itself, bought myself a 95/96 Romario shirt :D

What about you guys?

Please share I'm very interested to hear about other peoples management styles. :)

In my 07 game, I like to be a youth development, a la Wenger.

I run Rosenborg BK in Norway, and despite the fact that I have more money than god (as does everyone else in the game), I still like to spend as few quid as possible buying obscure and talented youngsters and fostering them into Champions League winners. It's worked well for me so far.

In any other game (all the saves I've started on 09 come to mind), I'm a ****ed off manager that can't win a thing...

I want to dominate the world! Wahahahah! :D

I'm quite lazy actually. I don't bother with training, I only spend a bit of time with tactics. But I expect my team to win every game. That's why I usually take big clubs or international teams (to fill them with awesome players).

My favourite part of the game is buying and selling players. Perhaps I should be a technical director instead...

I'm a scientist controlling every aspect of the team to the smallest detail.

Same goes for me... Although im more of a clubhopper. I dont like to stay a long time at a club and like to move around. Setting up a club and then when i feel my work is done i leave... too bad though my followers usually screw things up very badly and wreck al my work :p

I like to bargain shop for players and use loan signings and my youth setup to give me a good blend of players. Biggest achievement so far is winning 4 Norwegian titles with Moss FK, including 2 European Cups in 8 seasons using that system.

I am into developing youth big time. I never manage big teams. Usually play for my hometown team in Ukraine, Chernomorets Odessa. My goal is to win the Champions League but so far I have been successfull. I think I got to UEFA Finals once in 08. Anyhow my squad average age is proably around 22-23 at all times. I always buy promisisng yongsters rather then developed players. I love the way youth develops in 09. I can be a competitive team in the Ukrainian League just by bringing up youth and maybe stealing some from lower rating clubs. I make sure I fully upgrade training facilities and youth academy ASAP. I also try to get top feeder teams from the leage below and make sure they get promoted to Premier League to give my yongsters some good exp. As far as cash goes I have been very successfull because yong players dont want big salaries and top european clubs are willing to pay for them.

I am into developing youth big time. I never manage big teams. Usually play for my hometown team in Ukraine, Chernomorets Odessa. My goal is to win the Champions League but so far I have been successfull. I think I got to UEFA Finals once in 08. Anyhow my squad average age is proably around 22-23 at all times. I always buy promisisng yongsters rather then developed players. I love the way youth develops in 09. I can be a competitive team in the Ukrainian League just by bringing up youth and maybe stealing some from lower rating clubs. I make sure I fully upgrade training facilities and youth academy ASAP. I also try to get top feeder teams from the leage below and make sure they get promoted to Premier League to give my yongsters some good exp. As far as cash goes I have been very successfull because yong players dont want big salaries and top european clubs are willing to pay for them.

Yeah I get that same enjoyment from managing that way, however I don't loan out too many players because of the poor facilities, but it is good for match practice when they hit 20 years of age, below that I let them play in the reserves.

i have never been a development manager bringing in youth. i have bought young players but always put into the first team. this year on my liverpool save im bringing in lots of youth to have a go at that.

my main save is swansea and i enjoy going good teams with a strong side in the championship or lower but not to low leagues and hopefully try and get them in the prem, europe and champions

I like developing youth, but at big teams, because I don't like letting them go when they hit world class. I enjoy managing big clubs with alot of money, but I don't spend all of the money on the very best players - I like spending alot of money on the spine of the team to get the best players but then have hot youngsters playing in other spots, with experience/wonderkid partnerships in the centre of defence and up front.

As much as i hate to say it, im a Rafa type manager :(

I`m a rotation type of manager, If his fitness is below 97% then he does not start.

You have to be fit to be in my starting 11 and the only people that are guaranteed a start in the next match is my GK,LB and one of my CF, the rest are in rotation. I have had huge success with rotation and i think this is mainly due to the small first team squad i have (20) and everyone gets a run almost every game or two. If i get a lot of injures and cannot fill my subs bench then i dip into my reserves and maybe a star will be born.

Needless to say my squad harmony is very good :)

I love to make transfers and find good deals, I love simulating through also!!

If I don't have anything special going on, simulation is the best thing.

My only problem is that i have the perfect squads created, and players become unhappy after awhile.

I will make brilliant transfers, and clubs make offers at all times now, rather just the transfer session.

I simulated one time, and lost some important players due to mid season offers.

But I'm the kind of manager that will enjoy doing something like this-

Sell 4/5 big names to start.

Buy a new squad, start of the next season.

Revamp the players who have offers, and buy a quality squad, with a great team.

&& In result, have a fantastic squad. The difficult thing is, even if you are doing very well all around, your players still seem unhappy sometimes :|

investment banker style :p

Me too!!!

I love watching my bank balance grow for some reason. I buy youth not because I'm so proud when they do well, but because they're cheap. I end up selling them for about 5-10x the price I bought them anyway. I think my pride come from the fact that I can win by buying very cheap young players.

Youth developer who occasionally loans players in. I'm a bit crazy as I only sign players permanently if they have a connection to the club I'm at (ie. former player or club listed as their favoured club/feeder/parent club etc) and of course if they're good enough. So I very rarely buy.

Disiplinarian.

I reward players who play well, and beat the shait out of players who play poorly.

Example: We beat Chelsea 2-1 away, I say 'brilliant', then we loose 3-0 to Villaicon8.gif, I lock them in the dressingroom and yell at them for an hour.

I don't believe in ups and downs. It should go up, then stay there! And I make sure my players know this.

Playerwise, I reward skill and experience.

I like players with potential. Rooney, Giovanni dos Santos (everyone knows they're awesome!) and a number of regens shine across my Man United team atm.

Old players get coachingjobs if interested and I try to convince non-interested players to become one. (only succeeded with VDS so far.. Scholes thought about it, but desided against it)

• 2 weeks later...

Im a perfectionist but then i get bored too easily

Soon as my team conceeds a goal after for e.g a 6 game run ... i get so aggrevated at my defence and start all over regardless of how many hrs i put into that file

Sometimes i cheat or slightly cheat ( just make sure all players are in mint condition ) and every now and then i dont cheat at all but the ridiculous injuries will do my head in and i can never complete a season lol

Much like yourself, cept I do not not use full games that often and want to manage as big a team as possible in most situations (llm though so its never something that happens fast), but as you I love working with talents, to me it does not matter much if i work with talents in a big or a small club though, cept with a big club I dont have to see bigger clubs stealing my half-developed talents all the time.

Special one .. i enterfere in every thing and i enjoy playing with weak tams until it becomes over the years very strong and i want to collect any award any competition any perfect players .. i make training for youth and senior and make the club has a good bank balance .. i play with different tactics and different ideas

My youth team has to be the best in the world, which is why I spend several hours scouting free(or cheap) crazy talents every time a new season begins.

Apart from that I don't do anything about the youngster.. occasionally reading the assistant manager's reports.

I don't like starting out as Barcelona(my fav team internationally), but I love starting out in the lower english leagues and then work my way up(additionally joining a side in Denmark for a year or two). In 08 I took a random english team (Huddersfield) then went to Denmark(AaB with who I won 2 leagues and a cup), then half a year at Arsenal(unrealistic transfer, I know) and finally ending up in Barcelona where I made my youth team win every game(literally) in 3½ years and my senior team several pieces of silverware before buying FM09

I like going decent clubs but not the giants, for example teams like As Roma Aston villa tottenham Valencia and getting them into the top 3 or being the best, i go purely on stats and only change the training slightly, young squad usually and all have to have decent workrate

Never give up manager..

I like too make my team solid at the back and defend into a counter and i take each game and make changes providing the opposition and players that are playing..

Deep defending for pacey strikers and pushed up defenders for teams that play 4-5-1 and have slow strikers also take the game too the opposition

im most definately a developmental manager...

firstly , my own staff is always essential and i have my group of favourites i always like to bring in whatever my team

my teams always start from the youth squad up and i like to promote from within if possible.. I only buy when its essential

I believe good training facilities and youth setups are always my first goal whether managing big clubs or not

I always keep older players with great mental attitudes as I believe they are the backbone of the clubs im managing , and then i build around them..

I like my teams to have an average age of around 26-27 with a good blend of youth and experience

playing wise my teams are always progressive from the back... I build my tactics with an extremely tight and disciplined back 4 and go from there but try to keep it mostly team instructions orientated to keep the team together... pretty much always play with a little and large 4-4-2 formation where my two midfielders (one attacking / one defensive) are always important...

And I usually play with one pacy CB and one big and strong wall of a defender

oo and also.. if possible i always try and bring in Mattock, Beevers and Michael Morton :D

the average age of my q.p,r squad at the mo is 21, so im definatly your wenger type with youth although i have no objections in spending money if its required.

i try mostly english players too (or nation im managing in) but am not afraid to go abroad.

i find a decent tactic, then leave it

i set up a training schedule for positions rather than individuals then leave it.

i set up my staff and training as soon as i have adequate funds to make it worth while.

so i guess im a semi hands on, diamond polisher

I consider myself as a sort of Development Manager, I like to take on a very hands on approach with everything the game has to offer.

I don't really like big teams, I like teams that have a good youth setup and academy and like to train each player individually. I give every player a chance to prove themselves in the first season, unless they have really bad stats or don't fit in to my system.

I watch my games in Full so I can see what is going on and enjoy the style of football I create. I set up individual training regimes for all my players that are full time and get the most out of them, wether it be PPM's or new positions. I monitor there progress all the time, with stats mainly not so much ratings.

The game is much more enjoyable this way and with this version being the most realistic, I'm very happy with it and my own management style.

I'm currently managing in South America, Flamengo. They have a good setup there and this past week I have become a fan of the team itself, bought myself a 95/96 Romario shirt :D

What about you guys?

Please share I'm very interested to hear about other peoples management styles. :)

do you mean you watch the entire match? 90 minutes? i did that years ago when it went by the name of Champ Man with Munich and managed 40 minutes, you must have some awesome patience and love for your save to watch how you play, I was 15 when i did it though so my patience wasn't the best. i might give it a go myself. maybe relegation candidates in Ligue 1 or promoters for L2??

I don't know to be honest..

I like to find myself young geniuses from South America. Managing Rosenborg that's pretty much the only thing I can do (big names don't like me, and Norwegian youngsters are over-priced). The problem of course arises when I'm unable to keep a hold of them. I hate to sell players, especially talent that I know can win me trophies in the future. Even more so talent that I know I can win the Cl with given enough time.

I spend a little too much time on adjusting the training scheduals, and ages finding the perfect training staff (capeable of training my youth players and first team)

I've signed probably 60% of my players on a free and sold on for several millions.

I will however occasionally open up my wallet and buy some more "expensive" (In Prem standards what I find Expensive is nothing).

I love beating the big teams, and I hate losing to my rivals. Don't really care much about the domestic cup, what matters to me is the Leauge and doing fairly well in Europe.

I had an 82% winning percentage with my own personal tactic for about 2 seasons, at which point my entire team was changed around so much (players going in and out, aging etc) that I was forced to change my playing style.

I also often get on the wrong foot of players who want to leave, and fail to get any money for them :(

Players who want to stay however (Skjelbred + Kerlon (can't believe inter sold him to me for 200k)) are treated very well, and seem to like me. The "undecided" ones find themselves always threatened by a potential South American who could potentially replace them :)

I'm an overhaul manager. I rarely start a game with world beaters so I feel that the squad I inherit is inferior and needs stripping. I go in and look at the squad and pick out the core of the squad I want to keep and either sell the rest or relegate them to back-ups. Whatever transfer budget I'm given I'll probably double it by selling older has-beens on big contracts and replacing them with dynamic young talent (for me, the budget adjustment tool is by far the best improvement on the game in recent years). This means I'll spend as much as an hour hunting through foreign leagues for a better replacement. I love to sell a player for £2 million and replace them with a better player for £150,000.

No matter how many games i played on 07 i always got the tag "Respected Boss" hence the name.

I never enter a war of words with others in the media, if a player wants to go, he can but i must admit my hands on approach is pretty crappy, sending my assman to press conferences, mostly relying on him picking my best eleven (unless theres a glaring omission) he handles contracts and youth and reserves.

Im big on youth too, and like others have echoed, really enjoy seeing a young British player turning out for my team having came through the ranks.

Bit of a racist as i only buy foreign players if theyre asolutely special

Im the type of mananger who likes a challenge. Will start at a team like HUll and buy experienced 1st teamers such as Kevin Davies, Graversen, Dwight Yorke

If i keep them in the top flight i will go for a few youngsters people like Joe Ledley, kYLE Naughton, Sean Scannell, Steven Fletcher

I am JOSE MORINHO!!!

Archived