Fm 09 competition

thats what i thought but the previews for the new game are promising and they have delayed the launch date to work on the game

Well fair enough, but it better be good.

I played CM08 and thought the features where quite good. i just never got engrossed into the games, its now gathering dust on my shelf. I only regret the fact that there is dust in my room, and that i wasted money

I think there will be alot of interest in the demo this year (presuming they release one). Even if CM09 is actually really good it will still remain to be seen if it can persuade people who have played FM for many years to buy it. Brand loyalty is something that is extremely important to all consumer products and can't really be measured. I think with the DRM problems SI had this year that for the first time in a long time many loyal customers are thinking about the possibility of playing a different game. Whether Eidos produce a product that is capable of 'striking while the iron is hot' remains to be seen...

looks like championship manager is going to be real competition for fm09 according to their new website, the previews by the telegraph are worth a look.

can only be good for both gmes

Must be true then. ;)

I'm waiting for the demo before making any kind of judgment. It can't hurt to see what else is out there, after all.

To be honest, it'd be a hell of a lot better for us, whether you like CM/FIFA manager or any other or not if one of them put out an amazingly great game. Just because it'd mean in order to stay ahead or maintain parity then more would have to be put into FM's development to keep it at a challenging rate.

FIFA & PES is a good comparison, FIFA had a several year stint that FM now seems to be in. Something comes along and challenges and its us who benefit ultimately.

I think FM would need to stand still for a long time if a fairly new game, which Championship Manager essentially is, was going to catch up. Because of the longer development cycle they probably will take an even bigger step this time but I imagine the progress will slow down as things get more complex over the years.

CM always was a big leap behind FM but FM has been losing the fun despite looking really good. So IMO CM doesn't need to be as good as FM so long as it brings back the fun and enjoyment element back to the game.

CM08's match engine spoilt the game as it couldn't be taking seriously, however from what i've seen it now looks the part. So for me if it looks good and is enjoyable it will be better than the confusion and stress caused by FM09.

cm has a team of only 7 researchers, how can this challenge fm. im sure most of fm players will get frustrated with the innacuracy of the attributes straight away of the clubs we love.

Their website also comes across very wannabe aswell , i might give it a try though but ill put all my savings on the fact that it be a challenger to fm

my current report from cm 08 says

fm is the strongest game in the squad, cm isnt anywhere near that standard *

cm doesnt have anywhere near the potential to be as good as fm *

cm wouldnt be a worthwile buy

Your judging CM on it's past versions, you can't judge it yet - no one can, until the demo is released next month. If after playing the demo you still think it's crap then fair enough. Personally i have always played FM rather than CM (since the split) but i hope CM is good enough because i have lost touch with FM09, just can't get into at in. Not even any desire to now. So i hope that CM can prove to be a suitable alternative.

cm has a team of only 7 researchers, how can this challenge fm. im sure most of fm players will get frustrated with the innacuracy of the attributes straight away of the clubs we love.

That can't be true. I imagine that means there are 7 full time research staff supervising a similar network to what we have here. I'd be very, very surprised if they'd managed to put a research team together to rival FM's, though, especially in foreign countries.

Archived