Changed my mind on it...

Had a massive rant here the other day about the game, an i've had a few days off with nothing to do, so I decided to give it another try. Chuffed to bits with the results.

I started another season but this time as Chelsea, deciding to properly put the time and effort in. Kept the core squad, signing dos Santos and De Silvestri for a combined £30M and following what my assistant said during each game, I kept to the same tactic and tweaking it depending how the game played out. (Managed to get Tassotti off Milan, very good Assistant). I tweaked each player individually to suit my tactic and the results were surprising (For me anyway).

I've just completed my first season, and i've managed to win the quad, and before I get people asking me whether I cheated, I didn't. Don't really expect alot to believe me after my last rant on here, but i'm extremely proud about it (Even if it was with Chelsea). I had to face Man Utd in every competition (League Cup Final, FA Cup 4th round and Champions League Semi Finals), and I won the Premiership on the final day of the season (Man Utd lost 4-3 up at Newcastle as I beat Aston Villa 3-1 at Villa Park), whilst beating Liverpool in the FA Cup final and Villareal in the Champions League final. My best result (And by far the most surprising) was a 4-0 win up at Barcelona in the Champions League quarter finals.

I still have gripes with the transfer system (Just saw Bojan was released from his contract at Barcelona too!) and I don't think this game isn't a 'pick up and play' game any longer, but if you've got the time and patience, it can actually be very good and very rewarding when you find the right tacic...

On another note - I have found that hitting the woodwork happens far too often and Wayne Rooney has got to be a cheat player surely?!

Congrats.

Funny how some people hate games when they are losing and love them when they are winning.

A few years back a mate of mine was showing how he could score the same goal over and over on FIFA. He'd play the computer and would win matches 10 or 11 -nil by scoring the same goal from the same spot. Couldn't see the fun in it myself.

Thing is when I played him I deliberately made sure he couldn't do it... He through such a paddy and stamped on his playstation and smashed the controller against the wall.

Made I laugh that did.

Archived