unused transfer budget

Ok basically i have a 5million transfer budget left and i have no intention of using it (in january transfer window atm)

If i dont, what will happen to it? Im assuming next season theyl give me what they would have anyway regardless of whether i spend it or not and just add it to what ive left from this season?

Ive never had a significant budget before so i dont hav a clue and i dont want to lose that money

The budget is not actual money. It is just the board telling you much you can spend out of the bank balance. It you don't spend it then the money will remain in the bank balance.

i realise that, but will my unused budget from this year be included in next seasons budget?

Thanks for that Jod123, i have been playing this game for years, and always wondered why i had to spend the budget before the end of the season...i thought it was just an amount sitting there waiting for me to spend and thus could never understand why it wouldn't carry over to the next season.

Thanks.

i realise that, but will my unused budget from this year be included in next seasons budget?

It will depend on your bank balance next season how much you get the spend. It has got nothing to do with last seasons budget. Here is an example:

You have a 5m budget this season and your bank balance is 10m. You don't buy any players but because of whatever reason you still end up making a loss of 8m which means you now only have a balance of 2m. The board are now unlikely to give you 5m this season now as you dont have that in the bank.

It will depend on your bank balance next season how much you get the spend. It has got nothing to do with last seasons budget. Here is an example:

You have a 5m budget this season and your bank balance is 10m. You don't buy any players but because of whatever reason you still end up making a loss of 8m which means you now only have a balance of 2m. The board are now unlikely to give you 5m this season now as you dont have that in the bank.

Or in my case.....the board throw caution to the wind and provide me every year with a transfer budget of £125million...despite only holding a balance of between 15 and 18 million pounds...

Or in my case.....the board throw caution to the wind and provide me every year with a transfer budget of £125million...despite only holding a balance of between 15 and 18 million pounds...

What board is that? :D

It is based on other factors as well though. Just because there is not enough in the balance does not mean they will not give you more but if you did not spent last years budget does not mean that it carries over or anything like that.

this has anoyed my mate in the past many times. he is very cautious and saves his money thinking in the next transfer window he will get last years money and a top up, But like you state it's mearly based on current funds, prize money, season ticket and tv money to come..

TIP, if you want more transfer money next season, cut your wage bill so the club makes a profit, more money the club has will enable you a bigger transfer fund..

My mate oftern wonders why i let a 1 million player go for 100k. thing is this, he is on 20k per-week. that is 1 million wages per year!! selling him for 100k saves me 1 million pound in wages, so IMO that is sale money of 1 million, keep him sitting at your club all year not playing then you sell him for 500k you may think that transfer amount is a profit but you still spent 1 million on his wages so in turn would leave you less money than if you sold him for 100k..

Archived