The things you do for your Favorite Club...

I have a great save going, in the 2014-15 season with Inter, just gone 49 games unbeaten and have a great squad with a tycoon owner...life is good until i see Rafa is under pressure at Liverpool, who i support in real life, there 15th after 18 games with a poor and aging squad.

I apply for the job and Rafa gets the sack so i resign, so now im the new manager of Liverpool. It had to be done, bringing the glory back to the greatest team in england was to hard to resist.

What does your favorite team in real life mean to you in the game? Anyone done something similar?

I have never ever played as any other team than my beloved Glasgow Rangers sadly.

To me personally, managing any other team would be pointless; i just wouldnt have the same enthusiasm. Even if it's only me and Celtic going for the title each year, then thats enough fun for me. And i do generally try and keep as many of the original squad for as long as i can, i see no point in transfering all the team/squad out and replacing them with 11 non-scots that costs millions, even though i am English myself.

In your case though, i would have done exactly the same thing, how could you turn down the chance to make the team you love successful once again.

I have never ever played as any other team than my beloved Glasgow Rangers sadly.

To me personally, managing any other team would be pointless; i just wouldnt have the same enthusiasm. Even if it's only me and Celtic going for the title each year, then thats enough fun for me. And i do generally try and keep as many of the original squad for as long as i can, i see no point in transfering all the team/squad out and replacing them with 11 non-scots that costs millions, even though i am English myself.

In your case though, i would have done exactly the same thing, how could you turn down the chance to make the team you love successful once again.

I find it interesting trying to get the job at my favorite, even if it has taken years. for me its fun starting off at a lower league club then trying to move up. only problem is your favorite team might have gone to poo by the time you get there!

I find it interesting trying to get the job at my favorite, even if it has taken years. for me its fun starting off at a lower league club then trying to move up. only problem is your favorite team might have gone to poo by the time you get there!

Yes if i think about it, then that would probably be far more satisfying to do it that way....i could possibly start at a lower leagur scottish team (as i only ever play with the scottish leagues active) and if i end up doing well then surely at some stage the chance to join Rangers would be mine! And then that would be really fascinating as it would be a few years down the line and they may not be 1st or 2nd anymore, so the challenge would be bigger.

Yes i think if i and when i start again (it takes me ages to play even 1 season), i might well do that.

best wishes.

Yes if i think about it, then that would probably be far more satisfying to do it that way....i could possibly start at a lower leagur scottish team (as i only ever play with the scottish leagues active) and if i end up doing well then surely at some stage the chance to join Rangers would be mine! And then that would be really fascinating as it would be a few years down the line and they may not be 1st or 2nd anymore, so the challenge would be bigger.

Yes i think if i and when i start again (it takes me ages to play even 1 season), i might well do that.

best wishes.

I'm running a game in the Scotland and currently in 2016. Rangers are now classed as the 4th best team in the SPL with Celtic winning the league every season so far. I think that would be plenty of motivation to manage them :D

I support Spurs irl and i never play with them mainly because i enjoy trying smaller European leagues. I don't really care how well they do either because they actually seem to perform much better in FM than they do in reality :(

I like to play the game the realistic way from the bottom with the aim of getting to liverpool but i always look out for them to see how thier doing and hope they win finals etc but i have an addiction to building a no-body team into great teams so i am currently marine who are a team in liverpool that not many poeple know, well they dont know theyre from liverpool, therefore i have kept my links with liverpool, i tried to get them as a feeder club but ended up getting everton, grr.

I joined a lower league norwegian feeder team to my favorite club (Rosenborg) back in 06 (of course, before feeders were in the game), and by the time I was offered the Rosenborg job, I was doing so well with Byåsen that I stayed.

I did something along the same lines with AFC Wimbledon. About 4 or 5 seasons in I had already turned down Man City (numerous times). Chelsea, Aston Villa, Bolton and Newcastle (again, numerous times), then Arsenal came calling. Things were going so well that I turned them down, it was a tough decision but not one I regretted.

Archived