Bogey teams..

May have been mentioned before, i dont know..

But is there such thing in the game? I occasionally notice odd results between the same teams over time but it my just be coincidence.. Theres no reason for such a thing not to be implemented in the game is there? Theres quite a few examples IRL - Arsenal seem to struggle against bolton most times they play, some might even say the same for man utd against boro..

What do you all reckon to it?

Well if you play a certain type of tactic and some other team happens to play a certain other type of tactic that just happens to counter what you are trying to do rather well then you will struggle to beat them. Their style might not work against everyone and yours might work against most but its always possible that one team will have the right couple of players in the right scheme to take apart whatever you are doing. If the teams/managers/tactics dont change too much over a few seasons you might start to notice that you tend to have bad results against them.

I suppose you mean a mental block for one team to beat another. I am not sure but it may be as in the press conferences there is often a message something like "The last time you played them, you lost. Does this have an impact?". So maybe it is coded into the ME in some way as well.

True, but IRL it probably has quite a phsycological effect on the "struggling" team, which in the long run would probably have a bad effect on results.. my point is, the same kind of thing could be in the game - If a team gets a few bad results against a certain team it could turn into a kind of bad run, meaning they turn into their bogey team ( im thinking of this as a small inclusion in game)

My Scunthorpe team always struggle against Brighton. In past seasons we used to always struggle against the teams in the relegation zone, but now we've mostly solved that, but still Brighton come along and give us a good going over regularly (with one of our ex-strikers who wasn't good enough for us, but scores goals despite that!)

Archived