The bloody chairmen

This has got me so angry i have felt the need to post.

This season the chairman has alsready sold off my proze asset because the offer was too good to turn down. He is now at it again, with my new key player.

Smith who is a right back has been attracting interest from arsenal, liverpool, man utt and chelsse, is the subject of a £10M pund bid from portsmouth.

Now, 10M is a lot when your in the CCC, but portsmouth are my main challengers for 2nd place in the league.

Added to this, that he expects me to win promotion this season, how does he expect this to happen when he sells my two best players who "would be leading stars for most premier league team".

I wouldnt mind as much if he was sold abroad for the same price, but i have recieved bids of 10M from Chelsea, Arsenal, which werent too good to turn down, but abit from my rivals is.

I wish they could incorporate a ultimatum for player sales in this game, because thats what i need right now.

I agree mate! It does my head in too! Something should be done about this when FM09 comes out as it ruins the enjoyment of the game. The only way to stop the chairman interfering in the game is to be a big club with secure finances. It never happens to me in my A.C. Milan game!

Originally posted by Deylaaf:

My Chairmen does it too all my youngsters. Just offer them a one year extension. Works for me icon_biggrin.gif

That's something that I didn't think of doing for quite a while but now I just make a good counter offer - being Man Utd means the club reputation helps a lot

The player wasnt interested in a new contract as he was "unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs". But i can laugh now, i am on the brink of promotion and portsmouth are hanging onto the final playoff spot, 15 points behind me.

Probably because they know that you would be fired and would then be even more upset, based on my past experiences with ultimatums.

I don't give them any more because the risk is never worth the reward for the current options. Better stadium/facilities, a little extra cash - I'll just tough it without when they refuse. But I'll probably lose 3 or 4 jobs over players leaving (which is a lot more important), before I realize that the chairman is always right.

Someone mentioned to me about setting your players value at 10k: you get loads of offers, but of course reject them, and the offer is never going to be enough for the chairman to cash in. I haven't tried it yet though. Although my chairman sold my 1st choice keeper for £180k once, and he was worth £1mil.. Princk..

And we don't all want to play games with the best teams do we? I'd much prefer struggling through with Carlisle..

This has got me so angry i have felt the need to post.

This season the chairman has alsready sold off my proze asset because the offer was too good to turn down. He is now at it again, with my new key player.

If you want to stop this or at least reduce the frequency at which it happens then try reducing his stats in the editor. You'll have to start a new game for this to be effective though. If you don't want to start a new game then you could probably do the same thing with an editor like FMM. I'm not sure for definite because I cant get FMM to work on vista for some reason but it should work.

Archived