The "cheat" that isnt really a cheat? Would you use it?

I am in the camp that prefers buying & selling appropriate quality players rather than micro managing tactics - I have a foot firmly planted in the good old CM0102 days. This is what I recommend, I dont consider it a cheat.

NB Assuming that with each new game start-up the players will be of similar quality, with a few stats jumbled randomly, then any 2 different start-ups should have similar player sets, a player good or bad in one "game" will be very close to the same in another?.

My "cheat" is to run a whole season as "on holiday" (usually as a random club in a different division to the level at which I intend to manage), then review player match stats / awards etc for players at my target level. This shows how players can be expected to perform, and any star performances for the season should be replicated at AN Other club if the same player is used in the correct way. IRL knowledge of players & initial scouting in the real Save Game are OK but gems could be missed!, and that is just making the game more difficult -not more realistic, in my view.

In my defence, I would not be comfortable starting a new save game, playing a season then reverting back to the initial save to play the game "for real" though I dont see that as so bad to be honest - just feels wrong to me. This is only "scouting" surely?

Am I bad! :-)

I agree I never like the idea of this guy is really good, especially when it comes to the various young players people constantly bang on about on here, none of which I can ever sign since I always start with a proper rubbish club normally in a pretty mediocre/useless league. Otherwise theres nothing wrong with looking at a player your scout has recommended or you spotted playing well or something and checking out how well he played over the seasons. The thing is this is something I do while playing with whatever team and seeing a need for a player of a certain position looking at all the data on hand to decide which one fits best (that I can afford).

I agree I never like the idea of this guy is really good, especially when it comes to the various young players people constantly bang on about on here, none of which I can ever sign since I always start with a proper rubbish club normally in a pretty mediocre/useless league. Otherwise theres nothing wrong with looking at a player your scout has recommended or you spotted playing well or something and checking out how well he played over the seasons. The thing is this is something I do while playing with whatever team and seeing a need for a player of a certain position looking at all the data on hand to decide which one fits best (that I can afford).

I was thinking something similar as far as international management goes, so I can see where you're coming from

Archived