The New Gerrard and Carra!

I just started my second season with Liverpool and with my new intake of youth i checked the assisstant reports and my best two are a MC with the potential to be as good as Gerrard and a CB with the potential to be as good as Carra! What a coincidence!

Not rare at all

Did this really have to descend in to another slanging match :(

If you're looking in the coach report then it will always compare them to your best player, so it's not really a suprising message.

If it's in their personal description that they are "labelled the next Gerrard" or "Could be the next Carragher" that's more of a good find :)

In FM08 the players that had 'Could be the next...' in their personal description never really went on to be world class players though did they? Has this changed in FM09? Has anyone had a youngster fulfill their potential in the comparison they have been given?

Ahhh ok, it's just that I remember reading a thread ages ago about how players with these personal descriptions never actually went on to be as good as the player they were being compared to. Just wondered if this wasn't the case on FM09. :)

I've had a "labelled the next Christian Vieri" and he's doing pretty well so far.

I think the problem with FM08 was that regens were more than a little bugged, much improved on in 09.

I'm relieved to hear you write that as I just spent 7 million on a 16 year old who has been dubbed the new Christian Vieri, my scouts reckon he has the potential to be as good as Abeyor/Ashton who are both top drawer strikers. This description surprised me a little though, as this regen is a quicky, pacy player whereas Vieri was a bit more of beast and good in the air. Also I was in a contest with Milan to sign another player dubbed the new Vieri, they won but I've heard nothing of him since...

I just started my second season with Liverpool and with my new intake of youth i checked the assisstant reports and my best two are a MC with the potential to be as good as Gerrard and a CB with the potential to be as good as Carra! What a coincidence!

Are they regens?

Archived