Future Transfers Out

When I have agreed to transfer my players out, i dont play them in the first team, i stick them in the reserves!

I mainly do this because i believe players play less well if they have agreed to join another club. sometimes it says they are looking forward to moving clubs under their general happiness.

So i dont play them, If they are looking forward to moving, Why should they give 100% in the next league game

Does anyone else believe this?

P.S I may play them if im desperate, injury crisis has hit or international call ups remove the availability of half my squad.

If I'm getting rid of a player I don't put him in the reserves because he could take the place in the team of a developing player, so I keep him in the first team squad but do nothing with him.

As for whether I play a good enough player who's leaving, I still give them a go.

When I have agreed to transfer my players out, i dont play them in the first team, i stick them in the reserves!

I mainly do this because i believe players play less well if they have agreed to join another club. sometimes it says they are looking forward to moving clubs under their general happiness.

So i dont play them, If they are looking forward to moving, Why should they give 100% in the next league game

Does anyone else believe this?

P.S I may play them if im desperate, injury crisis has hit or international call ups remove the availability of half my squad.

It depends on the player's personality I guess.

As for not giving their 100%, you have a perfect flesh-and-blood counter-example for you in David Beckham and Real Madrid before his move to LA Galaxy.

Personally, I would only axe players that I have deemed totally surplus to requirements. However those players that I have chosen to let go because they are still useful, just that they will not get enough games the following season due to there being too much competition in that position, I would still play them if the need arises.

The relationship between myself and those players count for a lot too. If I am selling a player because he is a bad apple, then to the scrap heap he goes for sure. If he conducted himself in a civil and professional manner prior to, throughout and after the whole transfer negotiation process, he will still feature in my first team.

Archived