How do you decide if a player is injury prone?

Coop

I have Keirrison. I'm at Xmas 2009 and he's only managed 6 games so far this season (20 last season including the CL). He'sjust had his 7th injury in 16 months. The coaches say he has no weaknesses and the physos don't seem to have a problem with him.

So the question is - should I get rid of him because he is injury prone or trust my staff and just consider him unlucky so far?

I have Keirrison. I'm at Xmas 2009 and he's only managed 6 games so far this season (20 last season including the CL). He'sjust had his 7th injury in 16 months. The coaches say he has no weaknesses and the physos don't seem to have a problem with him.

So the question is - should I get rid of him because he is injury prone or trust my staff and just consider him unlucky so far?

Keep him, every player will have a rough patch in their career, the kid turns out to be quality so you dont really want to miss out on that do you? If you sell him, you will regret it, his new club wont:thup:

Keep him, every player will have a rough patch in their career, the kid turns out to be quality so you dont really want to miss out on that do you? If you sell him, you will regret it, his new club wont:thup:

Is that tipping I spy? In GD? Is that allowed? :p

As for him being injury prone, it can be difficult to tell sometimes, especially over a short period of time (16 months in FM is pretty short)

So, the best thing to do, is to try to protect him from injury, ie don't play him too soon after he comes back from an injury, make sure he builds his pitch time back up slowly in the reserves so he gets fully fit before you put him in the 1st team and if his condition drops a lot or he picks up a knock, take him straight off. If he still gets lots of injuries, make sure his training isn't too intense and if it is OK, then I would think about offloading him.

Is that tipping I spy? In GD? Is that allowed? :p

As for him being injury prone, it can be difficult to tell sometimes, especially over a short period of time (16 months in FM is pretty short)

So, the best thing to do, is to try to protect him from injury, ie don't play him too soon after he comes back from an injury, make sure he builds his pitch time back up slowly in the reserves so he gets fully fit before you put him in the 1st team and if his condition drops a lot or he picks up a knock, take him straight off. If he still gets lots of injuries, make sure his training isn't too intense and if it is OK, then I would think about offloading him.

If your not being sarcastic, i think everyone knows his potential!

I assume you had read through the reports of all your coaches, not just the assistant manager as you stated "coaches" in the plural? The reports of the fitness coaches are those that you want to pay special attention to, for injury-proneness assessments.

How serious were his injuries anyway, specifically, what were the natures and lengths of time spent recuperating?

does the natural fitness stat come into it? I always avoid players with <12

I do not think it does actually. From what I understand, 'Natural Fitness' determines how fast/slow your player recovers his condition after matches. It does not have any bearing on injury proneness. If anyone has evidence to the contrary though, please do correct me.

For example, I have this player who is described by my fitness coaches as having "a real problem with injuries" and his 'Natural Fitness' attribute is at 14.

I do not think it does actually. From what I understand, 'Natural Fitness' determines how fast/slow your player recovers his condition after matches. It does not have any bearing on injury proneness. If anyone has evidence to the contrary though, please do correct me.

For example, I have this player who is described by my fitness coaches as having "a real problem with injuries" and his 'Natural Fitness' attribute is at 14.

Natural Fitness also determines how fast they recover from injuries.

PMSL' date=' isnt that what you said anyway?[/quote']

"What I said" as in what Lyssien said was just an echo of what I had said in a previous post?

If that is what you meant, it is not the case.

I thought "Natural Fitness" only affected the duration it took for players to recover their condition between matches. Whereas Lyssien pointed out that it helped with the recovery of condition from injuries too. Technically different in a sense. :)

Edit: Now that I had typed that out, that was worth a laugh indeed. Ignoring the injury or it being post-match, both situations would have that player recovering from a low condition. Which is what you meant by it being the same. Haha, silly me. :)

I've never noticed players who coaches describe as injury prone as being getting noticably more injuries than those who supposedly don't have a problem with injuries. 7 injuries in 16 months does sound a lot though, are they mainly through training or matches? If it's training perhaps you could reduce their training intensity. Conversely, if it's matches maybe you could increase their training.

Archived