players making mistakes

Just taken over at Spurs conceded 17 in 12 games, nothing too strange there however am starting to get concerned by the amount of goals that are conceeded by player mistakes (...will have to take the blame for that/ it was .... poor pass, etc, etc)

The decision/concentration stats for the back four are quite decent so was just wondering if there is anything else I could do to remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance.

When that starts to happen with me I change my training. I usually start the year with two programs (three inc GK) which are basically attack and defence. If my players are making a lot of mistakes I lump them together into a "teamwork" session with lower physical training. Seems to pull them together a bit, although this usually doesnt happen until Jan/Feb. If you're already training all together, try the opposite. Perhaps a smaller group will help.

It's different depending on your players/coaches.

What's your team gelling like and are your players all match fit and in good condition?

Do you have a solid defence, i.e. players that are good or better for the level you are playing at? What is morale like?

How are most of these goals conceded? Are you sitting too deep or too high?

In particular, lack of team gelling seems to make a big difference here. If your gelling is less than 'strong' your players are more likely to make the odd mistake - at least that's what I find. Performances will become more consistent with less mistakes when team gelling gets to 'strong'.

C.

The one that annoys me is that pass back accross your own goal to the striker. Seems to happen quite abit in fm though I have only ever witnessed it once when Gary Caldwell did it after like 2 minutes for us. Glad he went to celtic he was a liability.

I love the classis goalie runs out to meet a through ball and instead of belting it first time as would happen in real life runs with the ball straight at the striker on the edge of the box. Striker nicks the ball off him and rolls it into an open net leaving me standing there fuming.

Archived