One reason why the confidence feature sucks...

Besides being a complete bore once the novelty wears off. I am in the English Conference North. I demolish Halifax, a Conference national side, in a match that stunned me 5-0. I was prepared to lose. The fans were prepared to lose as I was told before the match. Now look at the match confidence screen and could someone please tell me why a 2-0 victory over Alfreton in an ordinary league match is so much better than a crushing defeat of a higher level team in an FA Trophy match??

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/bababui69foru/zfm08confidence.jpg

It's buggy and it prioritizes rival matches most. Say you're Liverpool a 5-0 win against R.Madrid in CL final would be less impressive than a 1-0 win against Man Utd in the League cup semi final.

I usually completely ignore it, until FM09 at least.

I don't think it sucks - but it does need some tweaking to fix the issues that people have had.

Specifically, I don't like the fact that, when playing in cup competitions and you go out early (say 3rd round of the League Cup) when the board want you to get to the final, they don't take account of your opponent - i.e. losing to Chelsea or Man Utd is not the same as losing to say Accrington (no offence to Accrington fans).

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bababui:

Not everyone stalks these boards like some of the posters above. icon_biggrin.gif

Ha fair play. To be fair the search function is a bit crap as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair it sucks even more than the confidence system icon_smile.gif

I'll tell you what sucks more than the Confidence Feature.

All the whinging posts about them! Do you know how to use the search?

Anyway, I think its a great idea but maybe its been actioned the wrong way. Maybe instead of a match by match basis it should be done on a continuous basis.

Archived