What people really wanted from FM09

I think what you missed is the big button that says

CLICK HERE TO WIN 3-0;)

and also get straight tens, no injurys, no own goals, no gaffs nothing strange.

Very much like a twilight zone where everthing goes right and nothing wrong............................ever.

This made me laugh!

After seeing so many shitty comments on these forums, glad to see someone has a sense of humour!

Personally the best in the series (including CM) were the ones with text commentary - leaves it open to so much more realism as it is merely your imagination (of what is happening) that makes it real.

This made me laugh!

After seeing so many shitty comments on these forums, glad to see someone has a sense of humour!

Personally the best in the series (including CM) were the ones with text commentary - leaves it open to so much more realism as it is merely your imagination (of what is happening) that makes it real.

Are you on drugs?

Yes Your imagination makes things real:rolleyes:

A very easy level. (Not win every game - but close to it).

Some people don't have the time to watch games in full and make 5,000 tweaks per game.

Has anyone noticed that the casual gamer is catered for in FML??? Could that be because if they weren't SI wouldn't get as many customers and therefore a lot LESS MONEY.?

Shame we can't buy FM10 over 12 months and then cancel 1 month in when again you have to have loads of time and a maths degree to get any enjoyment out of it ;)

Failing that "SHOUT BUTTONS!" for in game realism. Watching the manager pile out into the technical section to below at his back to get up quicker. :D

Or to tell the referee he's a banker! ;)

A much more detailed OFFICIAL guide into how to successfully play the game. People who don't wanna know - don't read. :)

I was going to add a line at the top that said "You can only play this game if you've been playing CM/FM since..."

So, SI, if FM10 doesn't look like the screenshot above - expect more outrage on the forums!

Well at least they will know Exactly what we want just by reading this thread!

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with A...Advertising hoardings. Let's have another debate about the rights and wrongs of IGA. ;)

Actually from what I can see all those hoardings simply show the name of the game developer, and I doubt anyone would have complained if the hoardings in FM09 simply said "SI games". As you might remember it's the download of ads based on both user location and a few usage statistics that people (like me) don't like ;)

Anyway, this image shows what I want to see before I'm ever going to buy a copy of FM09.

A very easy level. (Not win every game - but close to it).

Some people don't have the time to watch games in full and make 5' date='000 tweaks per game.

Has anyone noticed that the casual gamer is catered for in FML??? Could that be because if they weren't SI wouldn't get as many customers and therefore a lot LESS MONEY.?

Shame we can't buy FM10 over 12 months and then cancel 1 month in when again you have to have loads of time and a maths degree to get any enjoyment out of it ;)

Failing that "SHOUT BUTTONS!" for in game realism. Watching the manager pile out into the technical section to below at his back to get up quicker. :D

Or to tell the referee he's a banker! ;)

A much more detailed OFFICIAL guide into how to successfully play the game. People who don't wanna know - don't read. :)[/quote']

Agree with all of this, I dont wanna have to pick a team, tactics for the start of the game middle and end in case i am 2-0 up and the other team will 'obviously' throw the kitchen sink at me and 'inevitabley' win because i failed to change to a totall different tactic (when man utd are 2-0 up against west brom do you see them sit back and say, get hargreaves and two other defenders on for rooney, ronaldo and anderson? - no they stick another two in!).

The trouble with fm now is its too detailed, i recently introduced my dad to it after about a 11 year absence ( he played CM etc ). He immediately switched off the 3d and 2d views labelling them 'shi*e' and sends his assistant to every press conference cos 'he cant be ar*ed with all that crap'. He just wants a simple game and says the only problem with the game now is it is too in depth! and this is a man who is retired and can play the game all day at his leisure.

You get the sack too easy, you cant win a game unless you take a day off work to work your tactics out in advance and see videos of your opponents previous game so you can 'set instructions' for them. I mean its ridiculous. What next? you have to wear a suit and tie to watch games and spend your salary on a nice house or racehorse? The game has seriously lost its way, personally i have bought '08 and '09 but they both sit nicely atthe top of my computer desk while i plod on with 07, which i admit has its faults but is still playable. Such a shame, CM was brilliant.

Agree with all of this' date=' I dont wanna have to pick a team, tactics for the start of the game middle and end in case i am 2-0 up and the other team will 'obviously' throw the kitchen sink at me and 'inevitabley' win because i failed to change to a totall different tactic (when man utd are 2-0 up against west brom do you see them sit back and say, get hargreaves and two other defenders on for rooney, ronaldo and anderson? - no they stick another two in!).

The trouble with fm now is its too detailed, i recently introduced my dad to it after about a 11 year absence ( he played CM etc ). He immediately switched off the 3d and 2d views labelling them 'shi*e' and sends his assistant to every press conference cos 'he cant be ar*ed with all that crap'. He just wants a simple game and says the only problem with the game now is it is too in depth! and this is a man who is retired and can play the game all day at his leisure.

You get the sack too easy, you cant win a game unless you take a day off work to work your tactics out in advance and see videos of your opponents previous game so you can 'set instructions' for them. I mean its ridiculous. What next? you have to wear a suit and tie to watch games and spend your salary on a nice house or racehorse? The game has seriously lost its way, personally i have bought '08 and '09 but they both sit nicely atthe top of my computer desk while i plod on with 07, which i admit has its faults but is still playable. Such a shame, CM was brilliant.[/quote']

TBH it takes 5 mins to set proper individual OI's. Slow? Close down always. Strong? Hard tackle. Creative but can't cross? Show onto outside etc.

If it actually worked, or did anything, it'd be great. Since I can't be bothered to go through all the profiles again whenever I change tactic, and reset them all AGAIN, I invariably only play with OI's for the first 20 mins of the game anyway ..

I DEARLY HOPE TO GOD THEY FIX THAT in the coming patch btw. No pressure.

You get the sack too easy' date=' you cant win a game unless you take a day off work to work your tactics out in advance and see videos of your opponents previous game so you can 'set instructions' for them.[/quote']

Far from true. :thdn:

Agreed, you can scout your next opposition, so why would you want a video to watch it when someone else does it for you? everything you need to know about their usual tactics and formation is in the scout report:thup:

Not that it matters a jot of course, they could play with 8 strikers in a highly innovative 1-1-8 formation and I'd still attack them exactly the same, and still win exactly the same. And if I wasn't Arsenal or Man Utd, I'd still struggle to draw.

:thup:

I this screenie just about sums it up.

Did I miss anything?

Haha I cannot believe noone has mentioned this yet but CaptainPlanet, you need to fix the MR rating bug. My CR7 scored 6 goals and only got a measly rating of 7.6! ;)

In all seriousness though, I admit I would love to see such graphics in a FM game one day, actually I have been wishing for such graphics since CM days. The big however is, I know it is beyond SI's capabilities right now as graphics is (rightly) not the main priority during game development, and so I have not felt any disappointment in all my years of playing CM/FM when I have not seen such eye-candy yet.

Hmm, maybe FM 2012? :)

What i wanted (actually hoped for ) can be divided in 2 groups:

1) Things that did happen :

- to fix confidence bug

- to make game more competitive in comparison to FM 08 so i can actually lose game

- fix ME exploits (they removed arrows, yay) , which they did in most part . Hence all complaining on forums.

- make LL playable on level that was in '07(it's close to it) In '08 was ridiculously easy.

- add another tactical layer to the game, to make game interesting.

- better regens

- fix DM bug

- remove silly amounts of 50 goals in 50 games strikers , there was just way to many of them

- remove silly goals in general(for most part)

2) Things that didn't happen:

- to many 1v1's generated by players. Way to many to be realistic.

- registrations in some countries are still sloppy done , to say at least

- didn't expect to see 3D but it still lacks tons of animations at present times

- AI still makes like 10-20 formation changes in less then 10 minutes of playing. While is little challenging(mostly ineffective), it doesn't happen IRL.

- AI transfer decisions are still very questionable

- Huge morale loss after losing unimportant friendly is still in game

- AssMans are improved little bit , but still quite useless

All in all it's fair trade.I will wait with installing 9.3 till i am sure that actually is upgrading game.

I wish for a "mute whining failmanagers BUTTAN" oh and free cookies.

lol 'fail managers'??!! In 07 I won everything with Hayes...No cheating, no help, i took them from the conference south to the champions league and more, real failed manager. Oh and it took me 30 seasons to do it btw in case you come back with 'unrealistic' 07 etc.

The guy who said no matter what formation you play against when it is man utd or arsenal is spot on, they could play 3 goalkeepers, 1 defender and 7 strikers and you'd be 4-0 up with 2 mins to go and they would come back to make it 4-4. 09 is ridiculous in my opinion. A game is a game, realism isnt everything. You want a game to represent its subject not be a total replica in my opinion. Grand Theft Auto - succesful but not totally real to life, Project Gotham Racing - very real but if you crash does your car become damaged, no it doesnt because in truth it would spoil the game. Call of Duty or GRAW - when you get killed in real life do you 'respawn'? Tiger Woods Golf - can you really imagine doing a 59 round in real life as an amateur? No but because its a game you can dream that it is possible without having to learn how to grip a club properly or stand properly etc..

I'd like to have had a manager heart rate monitor.

Would you get the match interrupted automatically as a result of you being sent to the hospital as a pre-caution if your heartbeat became irregular? :p

Sorry if my comment is in poor taste in the eyes of Geordies!

It would automatically pause. SI could go all the way and provide a heart rate monitor that you plug into the USB.

This could be the one outstanding new feature SI needs for FM 2010 to be launched otherwise feature-less (which people have been clamoring for) so that they can fix all the existing bugs or improve on all the existing features.

Big thumbs up! :D

Archived